30 DAY SHRED QUESTION

Options
2»

Replies

• KarenReichel
    Options
    I do 30 day shred 5-6 days per week. I also do 1.5-2.5 hours of walking/jogging/treadmill /elliptical every day in addition.
  • ChristaFall
    ChristaFall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 days per week, and am also doing 30 day shred.:bigsmile: But, I've been working out for a long time..if you're just starting out, 30 day shred may be enough..I don't think extra cardio at the gym hurts anyone :-)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    When i first started, all i did was the Shred. . . but I see you have lost some weight already. . . . I just finished up my 2nd round of the Shred and started RI30. . . i go to the gym 6 days a week and also do P90X Ab Ripper X and go on walks occassionaly. .. i would say, GO FOR IT!!! if your body can handle it all. . . DO IT!!!! But, listen to your body, if you start to feel like it's too much, take a rest day from the gym, but still do the Shred. .. Good Luck with it, i LOVED it, but now i just need more. Hence why i started RI30, It's the SHREDon STERIODS! :bigsmile:

As a May challenge I'll be doing both 30DS and Ripped in 30.....plus yoga on the weekends and metabolism boost.
    You wanna push yourself to the point of being uncomfortable but not to the point of hurting yourself
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just finished level one of 30ds. I have been going to the gym in the mornings and then doing 30ds in the afternoons. However, I only do 30ds 5 out of 7 days. I didn't feel like it was too much but really you just have to listen to your body.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I did it about a year ago in combination with running 3-5 days a week and saw awesome results right before spring break! But I was also running before I started it and doing various other things, so I would say if you weren't previously working out to try it on its own at first...

I just started it again, and my plan is to do it 6 days a week with 3 days of running, 3 days of abs/other cardio like zumba or cycling, and then 1 day of active rest with yoga. I may lower it down to 5 days a week and 2 days of active rest with yoga.

My best advice is just listen to your body, its ok to be sore, but any sharp shooting pains is a no-no and if you're feeling too tired just start out with the 30 day shred!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Since I can't make it to the gym as often as I'd like, I shred because it's "only 20 minutes" and it gets my heart pumping! I've done level 1 and level 2 today.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I did it a while I ago I did it on its own. Once my fitness improved then I'd do it with either walking or other short DVDs.

I haven't been exercising for a while and plan to start again on Monday. I'm going to only do it and maybe some yoga and walking with the kids on nice days.