Chicken Recipes Please?

Options
cld630
cld630 Posts: 7
I love to cook with chicken. Can you please give me some new healthy recipes to do with chicken?

Replies

• shimmer_glo
    shimmer_glo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This recipe is really low calorie and very easy to prepare.

Chicken with Garlic, Basil and Parsley

olive oil spray
    1 tbsp dried parsley, divided
    1 tbsp dried basil, divided
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tomatoes, sliced

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13" baking dish with olive oil spray.

2) Sprinkle parsley and basil evenly over the bottom of the dish. Arrange the chicken breast halves in the dish and sprinkle evenly with the garlic. Top with the tomato slices.

3) Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.

I think I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, and I've also found that it tastes better if you brown the chicken in olive oil spray before baking and add a little grated parmesan cheese on top.
  • ekrier2
    ekrier2 Posts: 50
    Options
    I love this recipe.

4 chicken breasts
    2 cans of reduced fat cream of either chicken or mushroom soup
    1 can of fiesta nacho cheese soup
    1 bag of fresh broccoli florets
    2 cloves of minced garlic

Put the 3 cans of soup in the crockpot and mix then add the chicken breasts and nestle them in the crock pot.

cook on high for 3-4 hrs or on low for 6-8 hrs

To cook the fresh broccoli I usually wait untill about there is an hour or 2 left then add it in that way it doesnt fall apart and cooks nicely.

Hope you like it.

some people serve it over rice - mashed potatoes or noodles but I dont eat much of the carbs so up to you. - I have tried it with some brown rice and it was good.
  • ekrier2
    ekrier2 Posts: 50
    Options
    The other chicken recipe I Love is Spinach feta chicken breast.

butterfly chicken breasts

Sautee in a pan sprayed with pam - 1 or 2 cups of fresh chopped spinach, 2 tablespoons of chopped onion, 1 garlic clove minced.

then mix with crumbled reduced fat feta cheese and chop some kalamative olives - mix all together and stuff the chicken breasts.

place in baking dish sprayed with non stick spray and bake for 30-40 minutes until internal temp of chicken is 165 degrees F.

Hope you like it.
  • jencornelius
    Options
    Toss 2-4 chicken breasts in crock pot. Add 2 c salsa of your choice, 1 can black beans (drained) and frozen corn (anywhere from half to whole bag). Cook on low 6-8 hrs.

Serve over brown rice.

I take the chicken out at the end and shred. I have also added green chiles and a little shredded cheese when you plate it up. Yummy and filling!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Jen, do you know the calories per serving for this recipe?
  • tm_allen
    tm_allen Posts: 1
    Options
    Try DiabeticLivingOnline.com.........they have some really good low calories recipes. I have tried several the past two weeks and am very satisfied. The site also provides nutritional info for the recipes offered.

Also check out other recipes. Their desserts are fantastic.

My girls and I tried the Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli, green beans, and Chocolate Mint Cups tonigtht for dinner and it was great!!! The total calories was less than 400 for the whole meal.
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    My favorite is for a whole chicken, it's actually really easy and so delicious! I did a mix of two recipes when I made it, because that's how I roll in the kitchen, feel free to do one or mix and match.

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2012/04/best-roast-chicken-youll-ever-have.html
    I did it with a little sage instead of thyme and lavender, since it's easier to find in my area and I like it better. The main secret is the lemon inside the bird. They're not kidding about the temperature or the fact that there's no trussing necessary.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/My-Favorite-Simple-Roast-Chicken-231348
    Chef Thomas Keller is one of my favorites! He owns the French Laundry in California and Per Se overlooking Central Park in New York, among other successful restaurants. I added this one because it reiterates the cooking temp and offers another look at the time, plus he's a professional, so I liked getting his perspective.

On a regular day I'm more likely to make something (drumsticks or breast) with a good spice rub on it, or a lemon herb, or Joy of Cooking (my personal cooking bible offline) has a really great Mediterranean chicken recipe for chicken breast. There's so much you can do! I also love MFP's create a meal option to count calories.
  • BNance509
    BNance509 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    www.pinterest.com has 100's of chicken recipes!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    We make chicken fajitas and use large romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. It's become one of our favorite meals. :)

I also agree about checking out pinterest.com. Be prepared to be addicted! ;)
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, satay, biriyani, parcels, roast , pasta what do you want?
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2012/04/best-roast-chicken-youll-ever-have.html
    I did it with a little sage instead of thyme and lavender, since it's easier to find in my area and I like it better. The main secret is the lemon inside the bird. They're not kidding about the temperature or the fact that there's no trussing necessary.

I am making this right now. It looks gorgeous & smells divine. I used the rosemary, thyme, marjoram, & sage instead of lavender. Lavender is hard to find & ridiculously expensive. Can't wait to taste it. I can tell by the look & smell already that it's gonna be good.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have a good one. I just made it tonight. I have been making it for about 8 years. Haven't had it in a while.

Make a sauce with:

3 tbsp Tiger Sauce (it's where the hot sauce is. It is spicy, but not hot)
    juice from an orange
    1 tsp honey
    2tbsp water.

Set aside.

Lightly bread chicken and pan sautee. I made homemade bread crumbs with whole wheat ritz crackers (8-10), sesame seeds (tbps), and 1 tbsp flour in a food processor. I used whole wheat flour. This will do enough for like 10 pieces)

When the chicken is done, add the sauce to the pan. Turn chicken a few times and servie. Goes with a grain like couscous or rice. We had steamed broccolli with ours. This is really very tasty. Just a tad on the spicy side. and a tad sweet. You can sautee the chicken straight up and skip the breading. We've done that too. Tiger Sauce is not always easy to find. Kroger and Foodland carry it I know. Not sure what you have.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options

I am making this right now. It looks gorgeous & smells divine. I used the rosemary, thyme, marjoram, & sage instead of lavender. Lavender is hard to find & ridiculously expensive. Can't wait to taste it. I can tell by the look & smell already that it's gonna be good.
    Voila! It's delish, moist, juicy & flavorful.
    IMAG1128.jpg]
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Mcg8486
    Mcg8486 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How are you cooking the chicken? Sauté in Pam? Baking? This sounds awesome!
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a good one. I just made it tonight. I have been making it for about 8 years. Haven't had it in a while.

Make a sauce with:

3 tbsp Tiger Sauce (it's where the hot sauce is. It is spicy, but not hot)
    juice from an orange
    1 tsp honey
    2tbsp water.

Set aside.

Lightly bread chicken and pan sautee. I made homemade bread crumbs with whole wheat ritz crackers (8-10), sesame seeds (tbps), and 1 tbsp flour in a food processor. I used whole wheat flour. This will do enough for like 10 pieces)

When the chicken is done, add the sauce to the pan. Turn chicken a few times and servie. Goes with a grain like couscous or rice. We had steamed broccolli with ours. This is really very tasty. Just a tad on the spicy side. and a tad sweet. You can sautee the chicken straight up and skip the breading. We've done that too. Tiger Sauce is not always easy to find. Kroger and Foodland carry it I know. Not sure what you have.

Does this taste like Chinese orange chicken?
  • alexitez
    alexitez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    www.pinterest.com has 100's of chicken recipes!

PINTEREST IS AMAZING WITH FINDING RECIPES!
  • jskev1993
    Options
    All the above recipes look and sound delicious!!! Perhaps add some spinach to the recipe? :) Worked for Popeye and its a vary good source of Iron :)