Protein Bars...HELP!!!

Options

Replies

• Karalopolous
    Options
    Ok, so these aren't low cal protein bars, but they rock my socks. OH YEAH! bars, they are the shizzzz
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Eat Good Feel Good (I think?) has great Pure Protein bars. They're high cal but have like 30g protein. I eat the chocolate ones and they really do taste great!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Ditto on the Clif builders
  • maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Quest Protein bars are excellent. Loaded with protein and fibre. The net carbs are around 2-4 grams. I've tried 4 of the flavours and there really wasn't a bad one in the lot. I found they tasted even better when they were warmed up in the microwave for 8 seconds.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Best tasting hands down is Power Crunch. Best protein bar overall is Pure Protein.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I like the Pure Protein bars. The peanut butter one is pretty good. It's 200 calories and 20g of protein.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I like Balance Bar... lots of good flavors, and if you "like" their FB page, you can print some coupons. https://www.facebook.com/BalanceBar

About 200 calories, 40/30/30% split of carbs, protein and fat.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I make my own, Either using canned pumpkin or mashed banana and the Body Fortress protein from walmart.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Supreme protein bars are pretty good. They taste just like candy bars, but the sugar alcohols KILL me. The gas and bloating I get after eating them doesn't make it worth it for me, but they sure taste damn good.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein FTW.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Cookbook has an awesome recipe that I use.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars and you can get a variety package with 3 different flavors (all of which I like) from Sam's Club for a bit less per bar than you'd pay at most stores.
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want to start making my own.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars are delicious, but pricey and you have to order them online. I think if you go to their Web site you can get a free sample of 2 bars.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars and you can get a variety package with 3 different flavors (all of which I like) from Sam's Club for a bit less per bar than you'd pay at most stores.

These flavors are tasty, but the package I got from Sam's wasn't as fresh as buying the boxes individually at Target. Plus, Target runs sales on protein powders/bars every couple of months.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A quick tip - if you're Jonesing for a new brand, stop by a local running or other specialty sports store. They always have individual bars for sale. So you can try multiple flavours before you commit to a big box.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I just started eating Pure Protein bars. They taste alright but I am always looking for the highest amount of protein per calories and these are pretty good.

20g of protein for 180 cals
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I make my own, Either using canned pumpkin or mashed banana and the Body Fortress protein from walmart.

Here's a really good pumpkin recipe - So good my kid's will eat them for dessert
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-recipes-pumpkin-protein-bars.html
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid protein bars because many of them are really not that healthy. Most have just as much is not more sugar than candy bars, and they're heavily processed. Like other's said, your best bet is often to make your own or eat natural protein sources. I also find I like whey protein mixed with milk for a quick boost.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars.