NSV - Blood pressure - share yours too!

Options

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Mine runs around 98/60. I actually feel dizzy and lightheaded if I don't stay well hydrated and get plenty of sodium.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure is actually normal, sometimes a high normal, but normal. like 128/85 Even at my weight! but my triglycerides are high, so is my 15 year old daughters, my dad's where 1200 at one point. Its a hereditary thing but they say losing weight and watching ccarbs will help. I figured it cant hurt.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm on BP meds so mines usually a little high. highest ever was 190/93 and it scared my parents to death. Now I'm down in the 120/80 range.
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well first, congrats on your weight loss and lowering your BP.....I know first hand that HBP is an ongoing battle. I am struggling with mine for past few years and I am determined to reach my goals and get off these meds but again....congrats to you.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mine was in the 160's over 100's when they put me on BP medicines. I take two of them, and it was well managed at 120ish over 70ish. I'm taking another med now that tends to raise it, so it's been running 130s and upper 80's. I won't be on that one forever, and I'm hoping I can stop the BP meds too once I get to goal weight.

Lately (as in, since I started losing weight), I've been having what's known as 'positional hypotension', which means that when I stand up too fast, or bend over and then straighten up, my BP drops and I get dizzy. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I've never gotten dizzy to the point of passing out. Anyone else have similar problems?
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Also 90/60. I get anemic and dehydrated easily. Sometimes I get dizzy when I stand up. Intermittent fasting would not work for me--got eat regularly. I've even been in emergency rooms twice and they haven't been able to find my pulse it was so slow and my blood pressure so low. Resting HR is 60 or less.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    108/78
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Before 167/97 with meds
    Now 125/65 no meds
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've always had a good blood pressure, 107/64.. But my worst was 9 months prego with my second child it was 135/90. Was a little worried. But my doc wasn't.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Usually around 110/60 sometimes lower. I have to be careful about standing up too quickly or I pass out. I remember getting my tonsils out when I was 16 and the nurse took my blood pressure. Then I walked past her in the hall as I went to the loo and she came back in and took it again as she said no one should be able to walk around with blood pressure that low! It was right though. Another funny thing was when I was at an advanced first aid course and we were taking people's blood pressure, on the board it said to call an ambulance if the patient's top number was under 100 and that it was bad if the top number was above 150. My top number was 95 and the guy next to me was 160!
    My Mum also has naturally low blood pressure so it must be a hereditary thing.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I can't quote my numbers, but my doctor has lowered me to a smaller dose of blood pressure meds, and hopefully I will be off altogether pretty soon. It's a good feeling.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    thankfully my blood pressure was always on the lower end of normal my whole life, even before MFP

Last time I had my cholesterol checked was last spring and it was 120, and i credit that with being a lifelong Vegetarian :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish mine would go down. I started out at 210/110 a year ago. I always used to have super low blood pressure so it was really odd to find out it was so high. Since I was at 179lbs and about 60lbs overweight I thought that by losing weight, it would go down. It hasn't and I'm still on 2 meds to control it. I do however feel better and I've lost about 33lbs. I'm hoping that by the time I'm done losing the next 30 I can drop at least one pill or both of them. If not I guess I'll deal with it.

I forgot to add that it is well controlled with the meds, verapamil and lisinopril. It's usually about 116/68 or so.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Also 90/60. I get anemic and dehydrated easily. Sometimes I get dizzy when I stand up. Intermittent fasting would not work for me--got eat regularly. I've even been in emergency rooms twice and they haven't been able to find my pulse it was so slow and my blood pressure so low. Resting HR is 60 or less.

I feel your pain. For the past year I've been checked every 3 months and it's always been around 100/50. Just from missing a meal or two I've passed out. And always have to be careful about getting up too quickly. In my biology classes when we did each other's heart rate (even the registered nurse had trouble finding mine) and bp, we always joked saying I should be dead. I wasn't as funny when I blacked out during band camp and the entire band was about to run over me :ohwell:
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know how, but I have perfect blood pressure, and always have. 110/70 that's me :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I always had 'white coat' syndrome when I went to the doc's. So it was always high when I went there but when I took it at home with my own machine it was fine.
    The week before my daughter was born I got pre-eclampsia & my blood pressure was 190/100 - crazy scary! Ever since then I've been 116/60 there abouts & don't suffer from white coat syndrome anymore :)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Before - 120/80.......
    Last time I had it done was 9 March and it was roughly 117/76
  • phillipians413b
    phillipians413b Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine a year ago was like 112 to 120 over 88 to 90+. Doctor put on me blood pressure. Went 112 to 115 over low 80.'s. After losing about 35 pounrds the doctor took me off of it this week I only asked that it be halfed he said he did not think I needed it. So far it is staying down were it was and the symptons that my blood pressure is to low are disappearing..
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    Before losing weight my blood pressure has been 155/96 and I was put on 25 mg of blood pressure meds to help regulate it..
    Changing my diet and starting an exercise regimen blood pressure is now 120/80 and below.. And one of the best parts doc has lowered my meds to 12.5 mil and is working on taking me off the meds completely!! WOOT WOOT Cant wait!! :laugh:
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Weird, I've always had really low blood pressure, even when I was about 5 pounds overweight (my highest).

I remember every time going to the doctor the nurse would have to take it about 3 times and then say something along the lines of "are you even alive?"

I think my NSV is my thighs rubbing together less.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!