In NEED of SAHM success stories!

Options
Im a SAHM, stuck in the mom rut, no family or friends, other than a neighbor, we have been walking together. I need some SAHM stories, How did you get from feeling nailed down, depressed & down, to the point of staying on course with the life change. I was doing good & then i just fell of the wagon & my fat *kitten* was to lazy to run to get back on. So here i sit trying to get myself back on this weight loss journey. Please lend me your stories, no matter how long or short........

Replies

• tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am not going to write out a long drawn out story. Ive had my up and downs, we all do. I am however not done yet. 30-40lbs to go and lots of toning needed. My advice is JUST DO IT!!! Its not always what you want to do...I love working out now. I dont like going a day without it. However there are still days i feel "lazy" and dont want to. But i sit there and think about how great i feel once i did and then i do it and i am glad. I have been a SAHM for about a year now. My LO is 13months old and it is not always easy but you just gotta stop making excuses and DO IT! People always say they dont have time, well, my honest opinion is...You have time to do w/e is important to you. I dont mean this in a bad way i am just speaking from my experience and how i would self talk. Feel free to friend me if you need help/motivation/pushiness :)
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Danielle i am a stay at home mom to two little ones i have son that three and a daughter that 16mths. dont let my ticker on here throw you because i havent been a member on mfp long but i have lost great deal weight already, i have lost around 60 lbs. i always tell people find something you enjoy doing to lose weight. im a dancer so i choose zumba which i have lost my weight with so far but i be honest with you i have hit a wall recently. so i decided i need make a change i still going do my zumba but i am add p90x which if you dont know is a program that weight lifting in it. i heard a great deal of moms say that weight lifting help with toning the baby belly. i wish you good luck and feel free to add me.

picture of me at 210 after having my daughter
    100_2206.jpg

me now which like i said im still in process of losing all my weight im at 150(im 5'1")
    DSCN3726.jpg
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am not going to write out a long drawn out story. Ive had my up and downs, we all do. I am however not done yet. 30-40lbs to go and lots of toning needed. My advice is JUST DO IT!!! Its not always what you want to do...I love working out now. I dont like going a day without it. However there are still days i feel "lazy" and dont want to. But i sit there and think about how great i feel once i did and then i do it and i am glad. I have been a SAHM for about a year now. My LO is 13months old and it is not always easy but you just gotta stop making excuses and DO IT! People always say they dont have time, well, my honest opinion is...You have time to do w/e is important to you. I dont mean this in a bad way i am just speaking from my experience and how i would self talk. Feel free to friend me if you need help/motivation/pushiness :)

^^^^ What she said! No excuses and just do it!!! :) Love ya sis!!
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can understand how you feel, I once was there. I think I was depressed too and just a fatt *kitten* in general. Eating anything I wanted, whenever I wanted, including way too much fast food and take out.

The turning point for me was going home for Xmas and seeing my family. I was looking like the Michelin Man in all the pics! I hated seeing my pics after that. I made a New Year's resolution to stop the unhealthy lifestyle.

So anyways, here's what helps me. Myfitnesspal of course. Trying to be at 1200 calories, but I do go over on days, and have cheat days where we go out to dinner or something. I stopped with the soda. The first month I didn't do any exercise besides the normal. But then I picked up on that in Feb. Now my normal routine is, at my son's afternoon nap, which is around 12:30 or 1. I put him down, and put out some coloring books and stuff for my 4 year old daughter. Then do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video, which is 20 minutes. And then I get on the elliptical that I have at home, for 30 minutes. Thats it. Now once in a while I also go to a gym, or do some other exercise like the medicine ball with my husband. I've also make sure I take the kids out for a walk, perhaps a mile or two a day.

Besides that.... the whole food thing. I cook alot more now. I find myself ALWAYS LOOKING FOR RECIPES, especially ones to make healthier versions of things we like. Like baking panko breaded chicken for chicken parmesean. I scour websites all the time, and email recipes to myself. I made folders for different things like seafood, chicken, sweets, beef, etc. That way I can organize them easy, and then also look them up easier too on my iphone. I love skinnytaste.com dashingdash.com drozshow.com lots of recipes!!!

Anyways, I could write alot more, but if you want to know more or need a friend just add me.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Some tips:

Set small, attainable goals.
    Don't fixate on how much you have to lose overall.
    Fixate on what you'll lose this week.
    Don't compare yourself to others.
    Don't use your children as an excuse not to exercise or eat well - set a good example.
    Any exericse is better than none. You don't have to be a marathon runner to lose weight.
    Don't deprive yourself of the foods you love.
    Learn portion control by measuring and/weighing food.
    Plan your meals BEFORE you eat them.
    Drink water.

Need friends? Look for a MOMS Club in your area. www.momsclub.org.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    No story. Just basic stuff. Yup.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to my 2 sons. One is 8 and the other will be 3 tomorrow. Here's the link to my story that I posted last month. Feel free to ask me anything you'd like, I'm always here to help :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/543057-goal-reached-114lbs-lost-for-my-32nd-birthday
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, but my advice is to just get back on the wagon. I've fallen off a ton. I've been on this site for years, still trying to lose the same last few lbs. I fall off but I GET BACK UP AGAIN. Don't make excuses, just get it done. I'm currently a work at home mom with a 2 yr old and a 4 year old, been WAH for about 6 months. Before that I worked full time and had an hour commute each way. Both situations I found a way to get it done. Like I said, I've fallen off many times but always get back up. If you want it you will find a way.
  • andrea000
    andrea000 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i have a video if you want to see mine:) started with slim in 6 and now on power 90 lost 20lbs with si6 and now down another 19 lbs with p90
    http://youtu.be/0OxnWulyNBc

p90 day 62

1522504_8184.jpg
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hey

Im a SAHM..have been for 8 yrs
    After baby #2 I was high 160's (which was my highest...thin in school etc)
    At first I didnt make the time to work out...ate 1500 cals a day and lost about 127 pounds
    Now I am lucky enough to have some equipment at home...weights....videos...thinks it gets easier as the kids get older to squeeze in the time to work out

You can do it
    good luck!
    kim
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm still working on my success.

You know what really got me started? When my sister got married. I was the only overweight bridesmaid, then I saw pictures from the wedding. That was almost 2 years ago. I did awesome throughout the summer with walking and eating fairly healthy and lost 18 pounds. Then I got kids back in school and my youngest hated her stroller, so I gave up walking and stayed at home. In march, I realized that I had put on 10 of my lost pounds, so I began all over again. Lost 12 pounds, then stopped. This past february, I decided that I was going to get serious. I was using my workout games, but getting bored. Started working out with netflix videos. That was actually fun. Then we got a gym membership and bonus, I could put my youngest in childcare. Having that time to myself is amazing. I have six living children, so to have time alone is a rarity. Shortly after we began there, one of my friends would meet me twice a week. Then I met another mom there and we meet up daily to workout together.

I like this lifestyle! I am seeing so many benefits to it. I have a social life and I'm looking better than I have in years. I didn't track measurements before the first of march, but since I began tracking, I've went from a 36% BF to 29%. I got to go shopping a few days ago and actually left there with bags instead of leaving depressed.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 2 boys. I really don't have too many friends, 2 good ones, but I never see them cuz you know they have kids and jobs and life gets in the way. So I sit here at home with my boys and my pets. But I don't allow myself to feel depressed, and that's #1. In today's trying times, we are BLESSED to have the luxury of staying at home, the time to care for ourselves so many other working mothers don't have. First and foremost you need to change your outlook on the situation!

That being said, I grabbed this opportunity of staying at home and soared with it. First thing every morning, after the oldest gets on the bus, I get off my butt and work out, No, I wasn't always like that. I'd sit around and do nothing all day. But that got old. And working out started to feel sooooo good. I took the time I had/have to figure out healthy stuff for my family to eat, I taught myself tricks to cook yummy things the whole family will eat. I've become driven. Not only for myself, but for my family! My husband works so hard to provide for us, the least I can do is return the favor by working hard on myself and bettering our family life.

That being said, here is what this drive has done for me thus far..

Me at my heaviest, at 190

52856_1406716167533_1221278835_918494_7683188_o.jpg

And me about 2 weeks or so ago at 140 (but I have dropped another 4 lbs since then :D )

IMAG0616.jpg
  • crysy1
    crysy1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom and have been for 4 1/2 years. i dont have a big social life i have my handful of friends, and my kids and my hubby! i have totally let myself go over the last several years. but i have recently figured out that i dont like how i look and i am determined to change it. Its a choice. i have a 9 month old and a 4 1/2 year old. i weigh 294ish. i started at 310. so i count the 15 lbs as a major success.I know it doesnt sound like a lot but it really is. I work out during nap time. Trust me. its not easy but i do. My 4 1/2 year old likes to "work out" with me. lol. I just started INSANITY! I also love zumba. i do that on my xbox or my wii.

i live in northern wisconsin where is cold and crappy half the year so feeling stuck is a constant thing. but when its nice i go out for a walk.

mfp has been my lifeline and only adult conversation i get most days. key is use these pages to there fullest. I have found changing up my workout has helped me. I get bored with just walking or just zumba. so my advice change it up to get out of your rut.

Feel free to add me if you'd like im on here almost everyday!

just do it momma!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Lost 64lbs. so far. 30 to go! P90X has helped tremendously! Best workout program period.
  • WenonaY
    WenonaY Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom to 3. My oldest is 15, my middle is 11 and my youngest is 2. I try to do some exercise dvd's while my 2 year old takes a nap but if he dont then I just exercise while he plays next to me. Then after my older 2 get home my 11 year old walks/jogs with me and keeps me going when I dont think I can do anymore. I've only lost 5 pounds in almost 3 weeks so I still have a ways to go. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've just had to stop feeling sorry for myself, that I have no friends, etc etc. We've lived in 3 different states in 3 years, and its been really really rough on me. I'm finally getting over that now that we're in a semi-permanent place. If I'm not happy with myself, then there's no way anyone is going to even want to be friends with me. So I just decided its time to stop making excuses and make me better, and be the best I can, and stop being lazy about things. Not only about losing the weight, but just about every aspect of life. Its a process, no one changes overnight, but I've been feeling better and better lately. :) You can do it!!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to 3 (4,3,&1) I've tried a few times in the past after having each of the kids to get the weight off, but fell off track. I made my mind up this year to just make myself a priority also. I take an hour out of the day Mon-Fri and workout at home with the kids running around me (either playing with each other or trying to do what I'm doing). I have been using my Wii as my main course of action, Active 2 and Wii Fit Plus. I'm down 29lbs so far since Jan 9. 2012. I still have 60lbs to go.

You have to just do it. Once you get into a swing you won't even think twice about what you have to do.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    After my first child was born i was living 13 hours from friends and family and my husband was deployed. I just had to do it for me and I did by walking and running around the block and doing my elliptical and tread at home and videos galore lmao

Now after my 2nd child was born i am battling it is much harder but I am finally into it lol I thin ku just need to do it and once iu start losing u will feel so motivated :) oh and after my 2nd child i lost 30 but gained it back plus some because my father was in the hospital and i lived there basically for 4 months then he passed and i did not care so thats why i am starting at the beginning again :)
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Although I am about to be a SAHM, I can tell you this. I really believe in the phrase, "A body in motion, stays in motion, a body at rest, stays at rest". I find that when I get up and get moving early in the day, I stay moving and the opposite is true too. Find a daily goal, and promise yourself that you won't rest until this goal is accomplished. My goal for being a SAHM is to work out first, complete my cleaning task, and then the rest of the day is mine. Facebook has caused me several lost days. lol I broke myself of that habit. It has helped. :) When you are in motion, you are likely to eat less too, simply because your mind is active and not thinking of food.

I know that this might not be the advice that you had in mind, but it is what works for me. :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I got outside and went running.

Seriously, running has saved my sanity. I made her dad watch her in the evening, or I got up early, and I took some time to myself. Otherwise, I was sitting at home, in a new state, no one I knew, with just cleaning to look forward to, and it drove me bonkers. That hour or so where I was all by myself on the roads really brought me back to myself, and not just weight-wise. Mentally, it brought me back to a happier place.

I would find things to do for yourself, if you can, even if it's only an hour or two. Even walking outside, taking the time to go and explore the neighborhood really helped me out. Good luck! it's a hard, hard thing to pull out of.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!