need encouragement as well as a cuss out on occasion :-)

Options
I'm a 45 year old woman who was told last week that my blood pressure was 150/100 and cholesterol was 3x the expected limit. With a family history of high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes and diabetes it was HIGHLY suggested that I get it together. So I started last week. I have a 26 year old daughter who doesn't seem to understand food addiction enough to be supportive. she is supportive, just doesn't get some things. I am an emotional eater, bad enough to know when I was rushing to get food when i was stressed. I am telling myself no, but do it anyway. I could always start again tomorrow. I have asked her on occasion to work out or walk with me, but we both have busy schedules and it doesn't work out. So its basically just me pushing myself. For the last week it has worked. but I still need someone to encourage and someone to push me passed fears, insecurities, anger and being overweight and not wanting to work out!

Replies

• PoeticDeLite
    PoeticDeLite Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First, welcome!!! Good luck to you on your journey!! It's hard whether you have support or not, but it's definitely less frustrating when you have someone to kick you in the butt and help you, encourage you, and understand that some days you will have a bad day. It's ok to have a bad day, not a bad week. Feel free to add me and we can help each other!!!
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    I understand completely. As a matter of fact I just wrote an ugly letter to Little Debbie snacks... LOL its my way of beating the urge. Feel free to add me, I have a long journey ahead of me so i will be around a while
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hi there, congratulations on making the decision to get healthy! Sending you a friend request, would be happy help keep you motivated!
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you are looking for new friends and a kick in the *kitten* every-once-in-a-while (and you can def. feel free to return the favor) :laugh:
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Boy do I get the emotional eating. And food never fills the void. Add me if you like
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You have found the right place for support and encouragement!!!!!!!! I completely understand the emotional eater, I am one.

Feel free to add me :-)

Good luck on the journey of a lifetime