Which one is more important.. Looks or Personality

Options

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Personality is most important to me!!

You can be the best looking man or woman on the planet but if you have the personality of a corpse, your looks won't last forever - unless you are best friends with a plastic surgeon.

My husband is not Brad Pitt, but it was his personality that attracted me to him & we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in June.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Out of curiousity and i would like to get EVERYONE opinion on this.

Would you date a woman/ man who isnt so attractive but has a great personality?

Yes I would
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Personality, definitely! While I may not have the "looks", I sure do have one hell of a sense of humor! :wink:
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    i think is time dependent. I totally go for personality, but I can only know that once I know someone for some time.
  • IndyMode
    IndyMode Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Personality is more important for sure. I've fallen for guys that I didn't think were attractive at first because I got to know them.
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Personality for sure!
  • Newhampshireboy
    Options
    the first thing that draws you to an individual is looks, its the personality that keeps you coming back for more.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Personality is most important, but as far as looks, I won't BS, they have to be at least average which is achievable by anyone. There are tons of people I see every day that could be pretty good looking if they'd just put in a little effort (ie shave that cabbage patch! Wear clean, ironed clothing! Trade that scrubby t and sweats for some slacks and a polo shirt etc) and dress in the most figure flattering way they can for their body type.
  • freyaandcorysmum
    Options
    I think that looks are def important. I couldnt be with someone who had a cracking personality but i just wasnt attracted to them. But there is def someone for everyone and what is beautiful to one may not be to another. But i also couldnt be with a big hunk of a man who was a douche.....so it has to be both for me....im just greedy lol xx
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think personality is definately important... that being said I couldn't date someone that I wasn't attracted to. I find a lot of things attractive and what I consider attractive isn't necessarily what society does.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My first 2 husbands were not attractive in the least ... so, it's totally about personality for me. Looks will fade but personality lasts a lifetime:smile:
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Personality is more important for sure. I've fallen for guys that I didn't think were attractive at first because I got to know them.

Hooray there is hope for all of us then...Nice guys CAN get the pretty girl.

Take that Hollywood sterotypes!

P.S. I think were forgetting one other important quality in a person...good sense of humour!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    No amount of good looks can make up for a bad personality.

hear, hear!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My first 2 husbands...
    Looks will fade but personality lasts a lifetime :smile:

umm...
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Looks, if in the 1st 30 seconds of meeting someone new you're not thinking about pouncing on them them move along, chemistry is key, attraction is huge-Ty:flowerforyou:
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hmmm..I rarely find someone really attractive until I get to know them...they can be beautiful according to societal norms, but if they are not nice, I simply see an unattractive person....however if someone is intellegent, funny and we have a connection, the can become really hot to me, but right out of the gate it is rare that I find someone attractive. Sooo, I guess that means personality, yes I want to see them as attractive, but most of the time that comes with the connection we establish.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Seriously. I will be honest. If I am not physically attracted to someone then it will never work. I can't force being attracted to someone.

With that said, everyone is attracted to different types. I think my husband is unbelievably hot! Others don't.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My first 2 husbands were not attractive in the least ... so, it's totally about personality for me. Looks will fade but personality lasts a lifetime:smile:
    Ummmmm lmao, where do i start with this statement?-Ty
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I think personality is more important as it's what makes the person who they are, looks may help you get noticed more than say someone else but it's not going to work if we can't click.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be a mix of both! Someones personality can make them more appealing but for me, I need the intial visual attraction.