I have a PT test coming soon!

Options
Even though I'm in the Army, I hate to run. I've struggled with it my whole life. Since being sick, gaining weight, getting healthy, and maintaining weight, I've had difficulty with getting my run time in for the PT test. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am with you on this one! I've never enjoyed to run and especially the idea of running around a track (over and over and over)! I started the Insanity workout from beach body and I really didn't run at all while I've been doing the workouts. They were intense enough that I just didn't even have the energy to add a run in between. Well after only 7 weeks (I have one more) I decided to see where my run stood because I could tell that I just felt stronger. My last PT test was in Dec, and I timed myself last week. In just 7 weeks of doing the insanity workouts, I had cut almost a 1:45 off my run time and am now sitting at about a 96 instead of the 86 I got in December (I'm in the AF so a little bit different on the scoring). Running is boring, so I def suggests adding Plyometrics and any type of high intensity cardio workouts... you don't just have to run to get better at running :-D