40/30/30?

Options
2»

Replies

• mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Petite Advantage diet, by Kim Karas. It's based on a formula of 40% carbs, 35% protein, and 25% fat. I use the MFP iphone app to plan my days. There is a pie chart that tracks protein, carbs and fat. If I want something specific for a certain meal, I plug it in, then plan the rest of my day around it. I keep playing with it until the pie chart comes out close to the above numbers. Even though protein powder shows up in a lot of the suggested meals, I don't like the taste, so I don't use it. I just put in a lot of good, lower-fat protein sources. I am eating a lot of good, real food, and have lost 9 lbs in one month. I am 58 years old, and that's the best I have done in a long time. The plan combines the diet with exercising on TRX straps, which is a great workout.
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It sounds like most people are looking at their total values for carbs/fat/protein rather than making sure that individual meals and snacks are balanced 40/30/30? According to the book I read it seemed that all meals and snacks should be balanced and that seemed more complicated than what I wanted to make this. It would definitely be easier to just focus on the daily totals but I am wondering if the results would be the same? My totals for last week without really trying to keep them at 40/30/30 ended up at 43/39/18. I need to cut the fat down a bit and increase protein.
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have a really stupid question. How do you set 40 30 30 in MFP?
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals

Go to the My Home tab and then click on Goals and then choose Custom Goals and continue and then you can change the numbers that to suit.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options

My Home/Goals/Change Goals/Custom
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks Andeey & Neoterrar - I really appreciate the help. :)