Who's lost HEIGHT?

Options
I have lost weight and I'm thrilled with my results so far, but how many of you have lost inches in height?

This is the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. My doctor assures me that it is not bone loss at all. I started this journey at exactly 5'6". Now? I am 5'5 1/4"! WTH?!?!

Another weird quirk: I expected to be able to fit non wide-width shoes again, but I have also gone down half a shoe *size*, from a size 9 to an 8.5 ... and still shrinking! I almost fell out of a pair of my flip flops from last year because they are too big.

Anyone else have any not commonly-talked about "shrinking" adventures? :-)

Replies

• formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I lost an inch in height, but that's due to osteoporosis, not weight loss.

Lost a width in shoes. In fact, my feet were the second thing to shrink after weight loss. The first was my, uh, cleavage.

Now if I could only get rid of the spare tire.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I lost an inch in height, but that's due to osteoporosis, not weight loss.

Lost a width in shoes. In fact, my feet were the second thing to shrink after weight loss. The first was my, uh, cleavage.

Now if I could only get rid of the spare tire.

Ah yes, the dreaded cleavage loss. Ugh! Come back, boobs! lol
  • pchanni
    pchanni Posts: 1
    Options
    I am just starting, 2 days in, and I hope I loose some boobs...moobs more acurately!

:laugh:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of shoes that were very tight. I put them on yesterday after a couple of months and they fit perfectly, and my bras are swimming on me :grumble:
  • thatgirllesley
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! That's crazy about losing height! Maybe it's because you've lost weight in your feet? Maybe you were storing fat on the bottom of your feet and then having lost the weight it affected your overall height?

I really have no idea, just a thought I had, haha! But congrats again! :)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've lost a whole shoe size! I'm wearing slippers and shoes that never fit before. I even have socks that fit better now.

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was 5'4 then a doctor actually measured my height to be 5'3.5 or something. Maybe one of the measurements was wrong?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    er, I lost inches in my neck? I didn't know that was possible, silly as that sounds! haha!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    Options
    I had a pair of shoes that were very tight. I put them on yesterday after a couple of months and they fit perfectly, and my bras are swimming on me :grumble:

Isn't it odd how we don't mind ... even LOVE .. buying new clothes in our new size but HATE having to buy new bras? LOL! Man, at my old size I was a DDD cup and I am nowhere near being able to fill them up now. I have just been buying cheapie $20 bras from Walmart and Target as I shrink and will go *real* bra shopping when I am at goal.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had actually just noticed yesterday that I had to lace up that last hole on my sneakers, you know that one you always unlace as soon as you get a new pair of shoes? The one at the very top by your ankles? I had to lace it up TIGHT.

Oh, and the boobs left weeks ago...
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options

Isn't it odd how we don't mind ... even LOVE .. buying new clothes in our new size but HATE having to buy new bras? LOL! Man, at my old size I was a DDD cup and I am nowhere near being able to fill them up now. I have just been buying cheapie $20 bras from Walmart and Target as I shrink and will go *real* bra shopping when I am at goal.

I HATE bra shopping!
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    Options
    er, I lost inches in my neck? I didn't know that was possible, silly as that sounds! haha!

Yes! It's definitely possible. I didn't expect it either. I have an 18" silver cord with a charm that I never take off -- I sleep and bathe in it. It was almost a choker, but it hangs differently now. Yep, you lose inches in your neck too. lol
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    You've lost a lot of weight (congrats!!) so it's not that unbelievable that you might have lost some padding from your feet.
  • 0622cameron
    Options
    I have lost an inch I use to be 5'6 now I am 5'5. I think this may be normal for some people that have lost weight. My sister, cousin and I both have shrunk inches in height.
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ok...the height thing is weird. I'm 44. Always thought of myself as 5' 5.25". Went into the doctor a couple weeks ago and measured 5' 4.75". WHAT? How did that happen? Am I already at the shrinking age?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When I went in the army I was 5'9, came out 5'8 and a half!! Jumpingout of planes 31 times contracted my spine hitting the ground hard every time!!... now I have to have a tempurpedic mattress so my back doesn't hurt!
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been 5'7" as long as I can remember and after a check up a few months ago I was told I was 5'6" something.....I thought that was really odd but never associated it with loosing weight. Now you you have me wondering if that's the reason.....This appoinment was made after I had lost 30 some pounds.....Interesting:\
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hey, saw a few comments regarding bras and had a tip; I found these bras from the company Barely There called "Custom Flex Fit." There are only five sizes, each one covering a range of traditional bra sizes (you can find the sizing chart by selecting one of the styles on the website: http://www.barenecessities.com/Barely-There-Bras_catalog_nxs,31,vendor,715.htm). It's been great for me because I haven't had to buy new bras even though I would have gone through several of the regular sizes. I think I found them at Kohl's, but there might be a list of retailers on their site somewhere in case I'm wrong.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight and I'm thrilled with my results so far, but how many of you have lost inches in height?

This is the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. My doctor assures me that it is not bone loss at all. I started this journey at exactly 5'6". Now? I am 5'5 1/4"! WTH?!?!

Another weird quirk: I expected to be able to fit non wide-width shoes again, but I have also gone down half a shoe *size*, from a size 9 to an 8.5 ... and still shrinking! I almost fell out of a pair of my flip flops from last year because they are too big.

Anyone else have any not commonly-talked about "shrinking" adventures? :-)

im convinced ive shrunk, years ive been saying it to my husband and about 2 months ago he actually agreed with me lol.
    my feet have shrunk width wise, and unfortunately my fingers too although im reluctant to get my wedding ring resized in case its only temporary
  • jogdog
    jogdog Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was watching a discovery health show on weightloss and obesity late one night, and one guy they were profiling lost height also. They said it was because he had fat in his feet that made him a little taller and when he lost his weight, he also lost the fat in his feet which resulted in the loss of height. Hope this helps.

Great job so far and good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!