Just Saying Hello!

Options
Hi everyone!

I explained my situation in more detail in my profile, but the short, short version is thus:

I had gall bladder problems three years ago and managed to lose 30 pounds suddenly because I couldn't eat and they couldn't properly diagnose me. For about a year I kept it all off and lost an additional 10 through diet and excercise! Then I started to put it on again because my excercise venues changed [bad weather, I lost my workout space in the house, etc.] and I started to stress eat and put on 15 pounds. I wasn't worried last year when I decided to train to do a marathon event which was subsequently cancelled due to Hurricane Irene. However, that worsened a skin condition I've been living with all my life and I was sent into surgery to correct it. Because of the six-month recovery that I've been enduring, I put on an additional 15 pounds and now the doctors want to put me on medication that will cause weight gain.

So here I am. I'm trying to prevent this from getting worse in addition to maybe taking removing the 30 pounds that I lost and it's been hellish. I could use all the support I can get!

Today, the end of week 2 of this I have put back on the two pounds I lost last week. Not a good day.

Replies

• jennc37
    jennc37 Posts: 81
    Options
    Wow, that sounds like quite a journey!
    Don't get discouraged! You can become healthy! things wont change over night, and the 2 lbs could be due to water, so keep your head up!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations On Making A Healthy Journey:):) Keep Up The Hard Work:):)
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I put on the weight I had lost a year or so back. Just hang in there and really stay focused on your goal. I am a firm believer that the meds they give you sometimes are worse than the problems. If you can avoid meds by eating healthy and exercising that would be the best thing. It may not be the easy road, but your body with thank you with a long full life.
    Hang in there and best of luck!!