i need girl friends!!!

Options
that are really determined and especially those who are trying to reach a high fitness level! i want to bounce ideas and suggestions off each other and have some peeps to compare progress to keep me feeling competitive and motivated...help me ladies!!!

Replies

• belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I can try. Although, I am a lot less fit right now that you are. I would like to be at a really high fitness level. I would like to start running marathons like my mother used to do. Right now, I have started Krav Maga classes, and that has me feeling like a badass though.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    i need the same thing! So for sure! I am trying to get down to about the same between 115-110 lbs but ideally to get down to 17 % body fat again. I want to be in shape, i want to be able to run and run alot. And to swim laps and be flexible again. I have more to lose than u, i need to lose about 40 lbs but im ready to do this and im training hard to get there!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I think I'm way out of yalls league. In all honesty, I need to loose 70 pounds!! Maybe talking to yall will rub off on me ;) I'm ready to get in shape!
  • joolesh
    Options
    I am working towards running again. I have a 5k at the end of the month and a 10k in March. I am focused and determined so I would love to share ideas and help keep motivate. I have significantly more weight to lose than you but I am well on my way.
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We all could use some more girl friends :smile: add me to your brood!
  • spaceylaceys
    Options
    yay for all my new friends!
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    I think I'm way out of yalls league. In all honesty, I need to loose 70 pounds!! Maybe talking to yall will rub off on me ;) I'm ready to get in shape!
    i need to lose 200:sad:
  • MissKim
    Options
    Yah! So tell me what yall are doing to reach your goals? diet/fitness plan?
  • spaceylaceys
    Options
    well i just started about a week and a half ago....im working out at least 5 days a week and not consuming more than 1200 cals....this food diary is awesome for keeping track of things! when i get to 120 im going to get a membership at the gym...for now im hitting the small gym here at my apartment...my weak point is cardio....it bores me soooooooo much...anybody with some good cardio ideas that arnt so boring as a treadmill let me know!
  • Brittany2
    Options
    I would love motivation!!! anything to help! I have a hard time doing cardio too, i usually run 30-45 min and then do another form of cardio to finish my cardio! but really should be pushing myself harder. My hardest thing is staying under 1200 calories!! any suggestions?!?
  • MissKim
    Options
    What my plan is and what I actually do are two very different things!!! I've been on this website for a really long time but have yet to reach my goals. I want to work out six days a week and eat under 1200 calories. However, I'm lucky if I get to the gym twice a week and lucky if I eat my goal twice a week!!! So yeah, I suck at this. However, this week I have begun again!!! I have a membership at anytime fitness which is right next to my apt. I really have no excuse!!! I use lack of time as my excuse. but I really need to start getting up before work and going. I usually eat good during the week and then completely go on a binge during the weekend. I know what the problems are I just gotta make myself do better!!!
  • spaceylaceys
    Options
    lol...you and i are backwards...i can keep the diet no problem...its the work thats hard...there are some really good low cal meals ive found though under 300...all easy and microwavable...try a few...

-1/2 cup eggbeaters/on a low-carb wrap/with 3 tbs of salsa

-starkist salmon mixed with microwavable brown rice cup w/ hotsauce or spices

-oscar mayer pre-cooked chicken slices w/vegetables (you can use mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, peppers...or whatever sounds good (also good with wraps, salsa,etc)

-Rianxeira - Tuna Snacks (these are great! they are in little cubes great for putting a toothpick in with some olives and a great lean snack with protein on the go)

any thing good youve tried?
  • MissKim
    Options
    I eat really good during the week. It's the weekends that get me. I crave fast food when friday gets here!! But the group I'm a part of on here started a 30 day fast from fast food today, so hopefully that will help me! We eat alot of salmon, ground turkey, and chicken! I make alot of chilis and taco soup to eat throughout the week. My boyfriend likes cottage cheese. I wish I did but I can't make myself eat it! gross!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I would love motivation!!! anything to help! I have a hard time doing cardio too, i usually run 30-45 min and then do another form of cardio to finish my cardio! but really should be pushing myself harder. My hardest thing is staying under 1200 calories!! any suggestions?!?

You don't need to stay UNDER 1200 calories. That's the minimum recommended number of calories to eat without a doctor's supervision. Most inactive females can attain proper nutrition (vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients) on a 1200 calorie-a-day diet, but it's not healthy or safe for everyone. My RMR alone is 1310, so even if I were to lay in bed all day, 1200 calories would not maintain my weight. There is no reason to drastically cut calories. I eat 1600-1900 a day and lose steadily, plus I have the energy for my workouts, which are intense and challenging. I don't kill myself with hours of cardio every day. I focus on lifting hard and doing just enough cardio to waste calories so I can eat a comfortable amount (which for me is 1600-1900 cal/day).
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    On the cardio question, I must suggest Krav Maga. It is super, super fun. You learn how to defend yourself in real situations and it seems like a great workout. I was incredibly sore after my class. I think being sore means you got a good workout. One thing for sure. Krav Maga is definitely not boring.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Up until today i was gonna do what she is doing the 1200 cals with exercise but i spoke with a personal trainer and he said the same thing as u, he told me 1750-1900 with exercise, so im on a different plan now!

You don't need to stay UNDER 1200 calories. That's the minimum recommended number of calories to eat without a doctor's supervision. Most inactive females can attain proper nutrition (vitamins, minerals, and macronutrients) on a 1200 calorie-a-day diet, but it's not healthy or safe for everyone. My RMR alone is 1310, so even if I were to lay in bed all day, 1200 calories would not maintain my weight. There is no reason to drastically cut calories. I eat 1600-1900 a day and lose steadily, plus I have the energy for my workouts, which are intense and challenging. I don't kill myself with hours of cardio every day. I focus on lifting hard and doing just enough cardio to waste calories so I can eat a comfortable amount (which for me is 1600-1900 cal/day).
  • annaliza
    Options
    well i just started about a week and a half ago....im working out at least 5 days a week and not consuming more than 1200 cals....this food diary is awesome for keeping track of things! when i get to 120 im going to get a membership at the gym...for now im hitting the small gym here at my apartment...my weak point is cardio....it bores me soooooooo much...anybody with some good cardio ideas that arnt so boring as a treadmill let me know!

Why wait until youre 120 to go to the gym?

I could use a few friends, too :smile:

I run outside for my cardio...the treadmill IS boring lol ... I basically just zone out when Im on it
  • francis_adriro
    Options
    I can use a girlfriend too!!! Currently at 133 lbs and goal of 125 lbs. However I've been thinking about it, and I really think that since I've been doing so great with dropping the weight that, I'm going to try and go for 120 lbs. Totally worth it, I think and do-able :wink:

I'm also working out 5x a week and the eliptical and Jillian Michaels videos have worked wonders for me.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Up until today i was gonna do what she is doing the 1200 cals with exercise but i spoke with a personal trainer and he said the same thing as u, he told me 1750-1900 with exercise, so im on a different plan now!

Excellent! Being active and eating a moderate amount of calories helps you maintain muscle mass, thus maintaining a higher BMR than someone who cuts calories really low and doesn't exercise. They end up skinny-fat and you end up toned and strong. :smile:
  • Svemirka
    Svemirka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    if you are getting bored with the workouts at your small gym then it is time to join a big one

i was a member at one of those anytime gyms, open 24/7 if you know what I am talking about
    it worked for a while, especially at first

but working out on the elliptical and the treadmill got boring after a while and I found myself struggling to get to the gym because it just wasn't fun

I wasn't working out much and I gained a few lbs because I wasn't watching what I ate very well either so I figured it was time for a change

I joing a BIG gym that has all the cardio machines plus classes included in the membership and I LOVE IT!

i am not wearing out the same joints by doing the elliptical every day - I get a variety of workouts between the elliptical, treadmill, spinning class, turbokick class, zumba class

the classes are actually a lot of fun and that makes it feel like it's not working out - you're just having a lot of fun and sweating

I am working out a lot right now - pretty much going every day but I am not getting bored or worn out from the workouts because every day I am donig something different

yeey for my new gym :)