Favorite low calorie snacks?

Options
What are your favorite low calorie snacks for those times when you only have a couple hundred calories left for the day and want a little something?

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    frozen tropical fruit & light yogurt, Dreyer's sugar free fruit popsicles, pistachio's.
  • ryliejaiden
    Options
    I love snacking on frozen fruit! :)
  • same89
    same89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my morning star veggie buffalo wings, they are 200 calories for 5 and so spicy and delicious!
  • Lakeisha33
    Lakeisha33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    white cheddar rice cakes
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    yeah even more so when it's hot outside!

Also Sparkling ice water is a real treat frozen, or just cold. Like drinking a pop without sugar/salt/calories.
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus.

Cool whip free & fresh berries.

100 cal popcorn bags.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. Super low cal and very filling.
  • lichensandseeds
    lichensandseeds Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    halved radishes and laughing cow cheese. it's only ~45 calories, so if you've got more to spare have goat cheese instead.

no-sugar applesauce (apples are so sweet by themselves! always buy the no-sugar kind :-)

1/2 serving of cereal with soymilk
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always have a Muller light with chopped banana in at the end of the day if I have spare cals :) I discovered yesterday banana with peanut butter on (yumyumyum) because I was craving peanut butter and didn't want bread.
    Low cal Jelly
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit, nuts, a banana with almond butter, an egg or two.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, I usually like to drink what's left of my calories. Lowfat milk or orange juice always hit the spot. :smile:
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Either a protein shake with a banana, some greek yogurt with apples and cinnamon or some almond butter! Though these things aren't necessarily low calorie.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Fro yo, chocolate milk, hummus and crackers, babybel cheese...
    OR, if I'm feeling decadent a Magnum Mini ice cream bar.
  • HarajukuGrrl
    Options
    Dannon Greek yogurt...only the nonfat fruit on the bottom, for some reason the mixed kind tastes too bitter...but this stuff tastes better than cheesecake! LOVES IT!!!
    and fat free frozen yogurt is good if ya really want ice cream or something, then there's arctic zero, its 150 cals a pint!!!! fat free gluten free, etc. its like water-ice with more flavor...choc PB is the best!
  • ryliejaiden
    Options
    Wow, I'm getting so many yummy ideas! Thanks everyone :)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Sargento low fat string cheese - only 50 cals. and delicious. Plus they have some protein in it so more filling than you'd think.
    Granny smith apple; berries; mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes with low fat dressing; frozen grapes; hard boiled egg; low fat cottage cheese with Mrs. Dash spices stirred in.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter =)
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Sliced red/green peppers with salsa, bbq salmon tips, berries, apples, cheese slices, cucumber slices, grapes.
  • NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Mine is either the 100 calorie snack packs or boiled egg whites
  • MDyck1979
    MDyck1979 Posts: 21
    Options
    Jello brand Mousse temptations snack cups - the chocolate ones; 60 calories and under 4 grams of fat, 0 grams of sugar. Extremely satisfying for chocolate cravings!

Still really haven't figured out something good for salt cravings - I'll do popcorn, but it's not the same as chips...