Any VEGETARIANS out there?

Options
I would love to know some vegetarian meals! :) Lets share some!

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    ME! My diary is open to the public if you want to look and get a idea, I do tend to eat the same things for about a week at a time. :)
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I'm working on becoming vegetarian. Check out this group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores There's some recipes in there.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Is that some kind of steak? I like mine rare! =P
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love falafel, veggie burgers, veggie mince made into pretty much anything you would make with beef mince.
    The only thing I don't like is mushrooms, I'm not actually a veggie but 95% of what I eat is meat free and everything else is meat i eat while at my mum's house as I'm not a huge meat fan ans NEVER cook it for myself! Feel free to add me/take a peek through my food diary ( I eat a lot of sweets though, so don't judge ;) )
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, I have been a vegetarian my entire life and have a very varied ( but not always healthy) diet. please feel free to add me as a friend, my diary is also open.
  • lg3703
    lg3703 Posts: 190
    Options
    Yes... I don't really use recipes. I just substitute. One of my favorites is grilled portobella mushroom burger. Sprinkle the meat seasonings on it with olive oil and grill. I do NOT feel left out at bbqs! =]
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    **raises hand**
  • kimgravel
    kimgravel Posts: 32
    Options
    I try to eat meat as little as possible, but still eat it once a week or so. I'd love to add some people that don't eat meat to try to get some good ideas to add to my diet.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Yes... I don't really use recipes. I just substitute. One of my favorites is grilled portobella mushroom burger. Sprinkle the meat seasonings on it with olive oil and grill. I do NOT feel left out at bbqs! =]

thats one meaty shroom! gotta love portbellos seasoned the same as a chop or a steak. yummy.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really like making my own home made pesto with just nuts, olive oil, garlic and basil. Not the most low calorie meal, but super yummy and filling.

I love the Gluten Free Goddess as she makes lots of vegan/vegetarian friendly stuff:
    http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.ca/2008/02/winter-pesto.html
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian all my life. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • ashleyacee
    ashleyacee Posts: 118
    Options
    I really like making my own home made pesto with just nuts, olive oil, garlic and basil. Not the most low calorie meal, but super yummy and filling.

I love the Gluten Free Goddess as she makes lots of vegan/vegetarian friendly stuff:
    http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.ca/2008/02/winter-pesto.html

Awesome thank you, I am trying to cut out the gluten
  • same89
    same89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been a veggie since I was little :) Not really much of a cook, but I LOVE morning star products! My favorites are the veggie corn dogs and the veggie buffalo wings they are both low cal and delicious!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am vegetarian transitioning to veganism. Please feel free to friend me