Almost 15 pounds lost but...

Options
I don't feel like I look much different. Is it possibly that I am just reshaping my body a little? I still have a belly going and I really thought that with 15 pounds gone it would be smaller. Maybe it is and I just can't see it.

Anyone else have this happen? Where you lose weight but don't feel like you look like you have?

Replies

• soxygirl
    Options
    Have you been taking your measurements along the way, too? It is possible to lose weight without losing inches, as well as vice versa. The number on the scale is only half the equation . . . However, 15 pounds is a great accomplishment, and if you keep at it the inches should catch up soon!
  • marissa4354
    Options
    I feel the same way about weight loss. The only way I can tell is by looking back at old photos. I went from 237 to 151, and until recently, I couldn't tell I looked much different.
    Good luck, you're soing great!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Everything on me is thin except for my belly. It's slowly getting smaller but I want it gone!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i actually just posted about that!!!..i think maybe the belly is the last thing to go on some of us??...i mean certain parts of our body can only get to small right? and then our bodies eventually going to attack the belly fat? I hope...........did u have a kid as well?...if so i think it's harder to get the tummy toned again.....which makes sense because all our muscles did seperate to carry a child and we didnt work on our core muscles for 9+months
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Your shape and contours are probably the same, but you are smaller! My "shape" has stayed the same too, so it is hard to notice, but you are a smaller version of yourself!

CONGRATS on the 15 lbs!
    :flowerforyou:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My jeans feel better on me - I was able to squeeze into a smaller size the other day. I noticed a small change in my upper stomach, arms, and my thighs. My friends haven't commented a lot because I'm still wearning most of my normal clothes - they just fit loser.

Congrats on your 15! :flowerforyou:
  • cvilleneuve
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You may not feel any smaller today but in a couple of days from now you will try on a piece of clothing and you will see the difference. I agree with the one post that indicates you should measure yourself. I do so monthly. 15lbs. is a great acheivement, keep it up, your health will thank you for it.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Your shape and contours are probably the same, but you are smaller! My "shape" has stayed the same too, so it is hard to notice, but you are a smaller version of yourself!

CONGRATS on the 15 lbs!
    :flowerforyou:

I agree with this. I've lost about the same as you & have only noticed a smaller version of myself. I do fit in my jeans better but am waiting for the BIG TA DAAAAA moment also:drinker: . Course you are smaller than me to start with so you'll get there 1st:drinker: It'll happen....be happy:heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    different areas reduce at different rates, depends on the person mostly. Also, remember, there are other types of fat then the fat just under the skin, maybe some of the weight loss came from fat in and around organs, this is a VERY good thing, but you won't notice it physically when looking in the mirror (not unless you had a TON of it). Bear that in mind, and keep on chugging, eventually you'll see the difference!