Special needs mommy's :)

Options

Replies

• Sarahannlacy
    Sarahannlacy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to 5 beautiful girls my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed at 5 with bipolar/ adhd/ anxiety and sensery intergration proplems.. I have a 4 year old who was born 3 months premature and as she is getting older i am seeing signs of adhd with her.i think this is a wonderful group to start and look forward to helping support all of you... life is much diffrent for us with special needs kids between doctors appointmenst, ot, therapist and psychiatrist and then taking care to make sure my other 4, 3 which are older then my 8 year old get the attention they need i wonder were i get the energyork out and sometimes i dont emotionally have that energy to do it.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mom to 4 and IEP Warrior! (Seriously, I annoy the heck out of SPED people and usually get most of what my kids need)

I have a nearly 18, bio, morphed from PDD-NOS to Aspegers High Schooler.

Three sibs who we adopted 8 years ago. The two oldest have language processing issues and the youngest is ADHD. They are 15, 13, and 11 now.

Right now, we have more "issues" with the youngest two attention seeking maladaptive behaviours than we do about anything else. Maladaptive behaviors is a fancy way of saying that are doing the strangest, wrongest drive you crazy stuff.
  • LainMac
    Options
    I started a Group

Super Special Moms

As a closed group, could be a bit more open about our issues and we would have to worry about trolls less.

Please join.
  • LilmamaPipes
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am a proud mommy to a 9 yr old little girl who has a mood disorder on top of what her pediatrician says is super adhd. My 7 yr old son just finished up speech therapy and we are hoping his last surgery due to a non functioning soft palate.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I just tried to find the group, and it's not showing for me......how do I get to it?
  • LainMac
    Options
    Durn it. I'll have to invite you all individually. Will do so later. Kid emergency now.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Ok thanks! Hope it isn't too serious of a kiddo emergency!
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am the mother of an 8 year old boy with Autism and a 7 year old girl with Dyslexia. :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I have 4 children and #3, second son, just turned 11 and has Down syndrome. Very high functioning. I would love to have buddies that walk the same path as I do.
  • SnarkyMam0610
    SnarkyMam0610 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome! My son will be turning 6 in June and he was diagnosed with Aspergers in September and I also have a 2 yr old with autistic traits.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi My son was diagnosed with Marfans Syndrome at the age of 9 and he is 19 now. We will be taking him to the mayo clinic on tuesday to find out if his heart can take back surgery and heart surgery and which one to do first
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Nice to see this group of parents here. I would like to join your group! I have two special needs children. My 11 year old son has Tourette Syndrome with comorbid disorders of OCD, ADHD and Executive Function Disorder. My 4 year old daughter has a metabolic disorder called Phenylketonuria (PKU for short) which means her body cannot metabolize the amino acid Phenylalanine found in all sources of protein. As a result, she must be on a strict low-protein diet for life supplemented by her medical formula. If she eats too much protein, the Phe will build up in her bloodstream and brain and cause mental retardation and seizures. So my life is full of IEP's, doctors appts. and meetings with teachers and school administration, lol!!! It would be nice to chat with other moms who understand.

(edited to add my 4 year old also was born with a heart condition called Transposition of the Great Arteries and had to have heart surgery at 1 week of age. She was in the hospital the first month of her life, and was then classified as developmentally delayed until age 3. She went through a lot of OT and PT)
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a 14 year old son with high functioning autism. He also has a processing disorder.

Please invite me to the group. :)
  • SnarkyMam0610
    SnarkyMam0610 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started a Group

Super Special Moms

As a closed group, could be a bit more open about our issues and we would have to worry about trolls less.

Please join.

Please add me when you can. Thanks
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Please add me I have a son with hemophilia and vonWillebrand disease .
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mommy, but I have experience working with special needs children, and I admire all of you wonderful parents that are raising these unique children :) I work with a young boy that is high-functioning autistic and has ADHD currently. He's in 1st grade and flourishing quite well. In the past, I've worked with a little boy with down syndrome that was on a feeding tube, unable to chew solid foods (we got up to feeding him pureed meals before they left the area), and I've worked with another boy that has down syndrome on horseback riding. It's been great therapy for him. If God grants me a special needs child, I will embrace it with open arms. Good luck to all of you super special mommies out there!
  • vgambino
    vgambino Posts: 28
    Options
    I started a Group

Super Special Moms

Please join.

Please add me when you can. Thanks

I would love to be a part of this group too. Add me if you can
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Have a 9 year old with autism.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Karen I'm a mother of 4 with my eldest having Downs Syndrome he is 25 now, I also have another son who is about to turn 13 and 2 daughters ages 18 and 14. He is such a wonderful son who has a great group of friends, it seems no matter where we go someone knows him and acknowledges him. We have a local Karate school here where we live and they have let him come in and work with the MMA fighters they train and he even gets to go along on road trips and help set up the ring and everything. He is mentally now probably at later teen yrs but is always on the go doing things and enjoying life. This was a great link to start thanks for thinking of it.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Glenda, and I have 6 stepchildren that have special needs. The two that are still living at home are a 16 year old daughter that has ADHD, ODD, depression, and is mildly cognitively delayed, and a 14 year old son that has autistic tendencies, ADHD, aggression, and is moderately cognitively delayed. The other 4, ranging from 15-20 years old, have special needs ranging from ADHD, to anxiety, to moderate cognitive delays. I would love to join the group.