cheese....

Options
124»

Replies

• mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i've completely cut out pasta, spaghetti, white bread.
    working on cutting out potato & white rice.
    (i've replaced the above with the brown versions instead)

i've cut down on bakery goods too. (cakes, cookies, pastries etc.)

i love Mayo! i've cut it down quite a bit but need to cut down on it some more or at least replace it with the Light version.
    i have cheese once or twice a month only...i cut down on that big time a long time ago & now im used to it.

i havent cut out junk food completely but i have it in moderation. im amazed at my self control while eating chocolate, crisps, fizzy drinks, sweets etc. :happy:
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cut out that made a difference....was OVEREATING.

^^THIS^^
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i cut out soda and limit my sugar intake
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I could absolutely never ever give up cheese. It's one of my favorite things to eat. I have switched to Laughing Cow. It's delicious! Also, for my salads, I switched to Weight Watchers Mexican blend. Only about 80 calories for 1/3 cup and I use half of that and it's plenty and yummy!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have been a carbs adict since a child. Not so much sweets but LOVED breads, potatoes, pastas etc, well you get the picture. So now my rule is carbs have to be whole grain. Whole wheat pasta, bread etc as well as cereals. Now I LOVE steel cut oats and quinoa. And I try to limit my potatoes. It has made a huge difference for me. I have also discovered that I have a hard time staying away from fats. Since like you I LOVE cheese. So now I try to make as much of my fats as healthy as possible, olive oil, flax seed, avocado etc
  • ses0786
    ses0786 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i havent cut anything from my diet. i feel if you say "i can never eat (enter food here)" you will go on a binge and over do it. If you love it and you want to eat it, do it in moderation.

I totally agree with this. The biggest change I have made if portion sizes. If I want to have some chocolate, I have the serving size instead of half the block. I enjoy all foods in moderation and I"m still losing weight :)
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I cut out my constant nibbling of cheese. You get such a small amount.....25g for 100 cals or so. Now I use parmesan cheese, you know the grated stuff in the bottle to get the cheesy taste I like. I add it to stirfries, omelettes you name it it. And it's only 20 cals per TB. Very good value.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    soda...haven't had any in 3 months. :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    cutting ANYTHING out only leads to me going on an all out binge fest eventually. i don't cut things out for that very reason!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I cut cheese out entirely to begin with, and soda and chocolate. These three things made a HUGE impact. Of course, portion control helped too, but I honestly think that the "Big Three" got the ball rolling for my 32 lb weight loss! Do it! Give up the cheese and then after you have lost that craving...add some back slowly, but cautiously so you do not go back to where you are now! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    I buy Baby Bell mini cheese rounds (part of laughing cow) and have one when I get the craving which it every other day or so. Not as much as I used to want it. The Lite ones only have 50 cals in them.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Cheese is the only thing that keeps me from being vegan. I justify it to myself by thinking that if the dairy cows lose their jobs, someone will eat them.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I cut out simple sugar, but I would never cut out cheese! I use a lot of goat cheese in my salads. Skinny cow, or you just have to pair it with a red wine or something like a veggie between every bite.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cut out that made a difference....was OVEREATING.

^^THIS^^

^^^^THIS^^^^ yeah, I did cut out cheese, chocolate and soda, until I learned portion control, because I could not say "no more" on these foods...it had to be NO entirely until I lost the cravings...now I can have cheese. I have not gone back to eating chocolate candy, but I do have a sugar free chocolate pudding cup now and then and as for the soda...NO ROOM FOR IT CAUSE I AM ALWAYS DRINKING WATER...much better than soda and doesn't give my sweet/sour breath from that sugar hanging around in my mouth! ACK...how I ever could stand that, I have no idea!!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you about cheese... but with ice cream, we just bought a box of the Skinny Cow Cookies and Cream Sandwiches... 150 calories! :-) And it really tastes really good. Certainly gets me my ice cream AND chocolate fix :bigsmile:
    [/quote}

You do realize one of the ingredients in skinny cow is the one they use to deice airplanes??? Here is the reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deicing_fluid
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Good luck, I don't think I could cut out cheese!!! Mayo was pretty easy though I had a tiny bit today with my tuna.

I've given up diet soda and all artificial sweeteners. Also, given up a ton of processed foods thanks to keeping an eye on my sodium levels. I stay away from cookies, crackers, ice cream though I do occasionally indulge in super dark chocolate or frozen greek yogurt. Yum!

I love love those laughing cow babybel mini cheeses... the white cheddar ones are delicious and make a great snack!
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I lah lah LOVE cheese, especially Brie, double cream, on cracker with tomato and black pepper yumsy.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Quit cheese? NEVER. It was a lot easier for me to quit smoking.