girls with curly hair...

Options
what are your favorite hair products for managing the curls and making them more lustrous (as opposed to frizzy)?

Do you use mousse? Gel? A certain brand?

What's your favorite shampoo/conditioner?

Replies

• terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I use Garnier fructis sleek and shine anti frizz serum and then herbal essences totally twisted curl scrunching gel...seems to keep mine mostly tamed :happy: can't stand any kind of mousse and I usually use herbal essences shampoo and conditioner
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic!

I have some crazy curly hair that's very coarse.

I normally keep mine under control with a little bit of gel.

I love L'oreal Sulfate-free Shampoo and Conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling super soft and smooth.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird, but I really like Chi Straight Guard even when I'm leaving my hair curly. It smells good too :smile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    i generally use pantene--various kinds..I switch it up. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE nexxus humectress shampoo and conditioner--it makes my hair super silky.

I usually...condition the ends, wash my roots, and then rinse. Then put a bit of conditioner on the tips of my hair that I don't wash out. then I towel dry and use mousse. I'm currently using finesse mousse I think--i don't love it.
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    I used to use Herbal Essences tousle me softly shampoo and conditioner w/ their Set Me Up mousse and it worked great but I moved and it didn't really help with the poof but not anymore. Right now I'm experimenting and trying Garnier's sleek and shine, it's decent but I'll try something new next. There are a number of forums like MFP but for curly haired ladies like us! They might be able to help more?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I use the purple 'bed head' products.
  • Vickied84
    Vickied84 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Interested in knowing what people use. My curls are tight and can be frizzy with no product and sometimes even with.
    What do you ladies use when straightening your hair to protect it?
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like to use spray gel, not the thick kind, but more liquid.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I just use leave-in conditioner. Fructise currently.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    LOVE this topic!!! DevaCurl all the way!! You can get it on Amazon, but I go to a stylist trained for curly hair. Have never been happier with it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I just use Moraccan oil.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use Herbal Essance Shampoo/Conditioner/Mousse. Sometimes I switch up my shampoo/conditioner but always use the same mousse. :love:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I just use Moraccan oil.

just bought some of this--it was like 50 bucks ...YIKES!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find anything that makes me look good xD
    Straighten it all the time >.<
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use FX Special Effects Brazilian Smooth Keratin Silk Serum I buy it at walmart..I like it better then the frizz ease stuff. It is also cheaper then frizz ease. I just started getting curly hair for some reason and it frizzes up on me and when I wash my hair I put that stuff in and it keeps the curls together and not frizzy..=)
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i generally use pantene--various kinds..I switch it up. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE nexxus humectress shampoo and conditioner--it makes my hair super silky.

I usually...condition the ends, wash my roots, and then rinse. Then put a bit of conditioner on the tips of my hair that I don't wash out. then I towel dry and use mousse. I'm currently using finesse mousse I think--i don't love it.

I use the Suave version of the Nexxus Humectress shampoo. It's fantastic, and WAYYYY cheaper! My hair feels so soft. I like the John Freida mousse. It makes my curls look really shiny and pretty and doesn't have that crunchy feel to it when it dries.
  • michaelsgirl1210
    michaelsgirl1210 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just cut 10 inches off my hair, so now that it's *just* to my shoulders, it explodes into curls. I'm loving the new Suave Whipped Cream Mousse for styling because it makes them soft and pretty and my hair doesn't look like I stuck my finger in a light socket.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I actually use Herbal Essences gel in my hair when it's wet, but I usually end up straightening it.
  • salan656
    salan656 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I second DevaCurl products! Buy her book, Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey and Michele Bender (Jan 13, 2011). It changed my thinking about how I treat my hair and I haven't had a bad hair day since! I can't recommend it enough!
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    After I get out of the shower I throw my hair in a towel for a few minutes, comb it out with a wide tooth comb and put extra hold mousse in, then take my blow dryer and put it on low heat and hold it about 6 inches away and dry it while scrunching it, then after I do that for a few minutes I spray it with hair spray :) I have fructis pure clean 2-in-1 for mornings cause I'm always in a rush and I use either herbal essences or suave professionals for when I have the time to shampoo and condition lol, I really like suave professionals rosemary and mint, and now I'm trying out te keratin shampoo and conditioner which makes my hair smooth when I blow dry. Oh and I love my hair curly when it's brown, but I hate it curly when it's blonde. Isn't that weird !