Looking to lose over 100 lbs....

Options
Hello, I'm on a weight loss journey and am wanting to lose over 100lbs. I would like to connect with people who understand weight loss issues from this vantage point. I've also been going to OA for support and am a newbie to the organization. I've already lost close to 30 lbs and have seen some great health benefits even at this amount! It's amazing how quickly our bodies respond to even small, positive changes. If you are looking for buddies for motivation, encouragement, and inspiration I'd love to join you on your journey! Thanks, Yvonne

Replies

• DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello Yvonne! Welcome! I too am looking to lose about 145 pounds. Congrats on your current weight loss! That is great! :flowerforyou:

Add me and would be glad to be part of your support system!
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I started out looking to lose 177lbs and have also lost 30lbs and I know what you mean about your body reacting positively to small changes.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me! Welcome to MFP and congrats on your weight loss thus far! :flowerforyou:
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitnesspal!! I love this site! I'm lookin to lose 110lbs.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You're in the right place. Please feel free to add me. I lost 112 in exactly one year by using MFP.
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Yvonne! Congratulations on already losing 30lbs- that serves as great motivation to me!

I want to lose about 100, maybe 120lbs total and I am down 10lbs thus far. Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Vonchka117
    Vonchka117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The more pals the better!! 10 lbs is great! I've seen positive health benefits with just a 5% total weight loss. It's amazing how quickly our bodies respond. Keep up the good work.... together we can do it!!!
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yvonne and the rest of you on the 100 pound /50 kilo plus journey -
    For all of you - congratulations on every pound you have lost to date.
    Last September I was 378 pounds / 171.46 kilos and am now down to 328 pounds / 148.78 kilos. As an out of shape diabetic with other health issues which took me into the hospital last November I decided it was time. I weigh myself at my doctor's office periodically and concentrate on what I eat, etc.
    Feel free to add me and we can all encourage each other on this journey. My goal? I'm aiming for 220 pounds / 99.79 kilos over time. Then we'll deal with the last 30 - 40 pounds./ 13.61 - 18.14 kilos. Just mention "100 pound or 50 kilo plus club" in your message with the friend request... Just one thing - no sales invites or touting so-called miracle products that will shed the pounds. It's all about real eating, keeping your diary public and being honest in your entries. It also works better if you have a smart phone and the MFP app on it as well as MFP bookmarked on your computer.
    Peter
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I first started, I had 103 lbs to lose. I lost some of it before MFP and have 55 more to go. I would love a friend like you! Sent you a request.
  • JD830278
    JD830278 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi I'd love to friend you? I've got around 70 to lose (will reassess at that point) and I'm currently building up a network of positive brilliant people for the journey.

I log several times a day due to being obsessed with my phone, hell I even take it to the gym incase I miss something juicy while I'm on the elliptical haha!
  • Vonchka117
    Options
    Hello Jennie! Thanks for the recent friend request.... I've added you as a new buddy! I recently acquired a "hand-me-down" iPad from my most generous sister and was obcessed with it last night (or this am) until almost 3 in the morning.....YIKES!!! I'll write a longer note later in the day.... I have to get ready for work and fear if I start to write I'll make myself late LOL!!! Have a great day and I look forward to future correspondences! Regards, Yvonne
  • whoaitzlena
    whoaitzlena Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well first off, congrats on losing 30 lbs so far!! When I first started on MFP, my goal was to lose 112 lbs, I've lost 46 so far and have 66 more to go. I send you a request to add. Anyone else feel free to add me as well.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I also started with 100 pounds to lose. Memorial Day will be my one year on MFP. I've lost 62 pounds so far.
    In the beginning I figured I'd lose a pound a week, with a few "vacations", but I'm happy to exceed that goal. I added exercise and that really "revved" my weight loss.
    I joined OA in 1977 and met the founder at a convention! I don't currently attend meeting, but the message is still in my heart.
    I'm not adding new friends just now, but wish you luck! Remember HALT and hold on to your Serenity.
  • Vonchka117
    Options
    Thanks, WhoaItsLena! I recently updated my profile to give more details of my fitness journey. I'm addicted to this site!
  • PBfilledpretzel
    Options
    CONGRATS! Add me :)
  • kells812
    kells812 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have 100+ to go. A friend request is on the way. I'm also looking for friends/support. I'm loving this site!
  • browneyez27
    browneyez27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have about 90 lbs to lose and just started this long journey! Feel free to add me, would love to connect with anyone that needs an extra kick in the @$$ like I do :)
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Add me please :) we can help each other out on our weight loss journeys
    -Angela
  • PoeticDeLite
    PoeticDeLite Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've got about 100 to lose, just starting to get serious. Feel free to add me (anyone)
  • jmp109
    jmp109 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello!
    I am one of those who also need to lose 100 lbs or more. I started out using Weight Watchers online which is a great program, but was ecstatic to find this free website. I actually like it better and love the app on the smartphone as it is so handy. I love how the excerise calculates how much you burn based on your profile and how it breaks down all of the nutrients for you. I have lost 20 lbs so far, but only 4 since joining this website a few weeks back! Please feel free to add me and good luck! We are worth it!