Could someone help me please? So confused

Options
I am so confused right now. I have been working my butt off the last two weeks. The first week I lost 8lbs total but this last week....nothing.

I work out everyday walking 5.5 to 9km at a very brisk pace burning 550-900 calories. My BMR is about 1900 as I am 5'9" and 220lbs and 32yo. I have not been eating 1900 calories each day or eating my exercise calories at all really. Am I not eating enough?

Here was todays info
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1890 2511 - 831   1680

Should my net each day always be my BMR?

I know the goal is to eat better and be healthier...but a little movement on the scale, even just a tiny one would be nice. I have about 40lbs more to lose!

Replies

• mschristmas
    mschristmas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements. It is helpful on weeks like that. Sometimes you loose fat but gain muscle when you are working out. That leaves you with a big fat frustrating zero on the scale. But since one pound of fat is smaller than one pound of muscle, the measurements can help ease your frustrations on those weeks.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It will happen - just keep at it. I agree w/the measurements. I didn't lose on the scale this week, so I took out the measuring tape and it made me feel a lot better!
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about this also!

i've ALWAYS been told to eat back my exercise cals but some people don't...I heard your body needs cals to burn cals.

Also, take pics and measurements!!
    I didn't lose 1 lb my fist 3 weeks on here but the inches were falling off and pics and measurements were the only thing that showed!!

Also don't weight yourself everyday (if you do)
    weight fluctuates wayyyy too much for it to be acurate-do it once a week or two! :)
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    No u are not eating enough. you need to eat back most of your exercise calories!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The problem is water weight can often mask losses. As already suggested - take measurements.

Also, as already mentioned, you need to make sure you eat enough to make the weight loss sustainable and healthy.
  • djatk
    djatk Posts: 9
    Options
    Losing 8 lbs a week sounds not sustainable unless you are working with a doctor. I'm happy with 2 lbs a week! Also, a good part of this, especially with so much exercise, will be that you are creating muscle while at the same losing fat. Your total weight might not change but your body tone will begin to. So other measurements may give you that sense of progress. Be aware that excess skin will take time to tighten up — sometimes a long time — so that is a separate issue. good luck!
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Should my net each day always be my BMR?

Your net should always be above your BMR. You'll probably lose at a faster rate, and your body will thank you :smile:

Also, don't worry if you don't lose in a week, it's perfectly normal. If you haven't lost anything in a month, then try to see what you can change.

Some great info: http://www.shapefit.com/basal-metabolic-rate.html
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Is that caloric loss for that exercise right? It seems high to me. Then again I always underestimate my exercise calories.