down 60, 20'ish more to go (diet, lifting, cardio)

Options
The original pic i was at 285 (6'2), The original pic was november 2010. I first started i told myself i'd lift every day to gain muscle and develop a gym habit. I didn't want to do cardio, i wanted to develop good gym habits first. Intially i could do a max bench of 145 and i set a goal to bench 300 pounds within a year. I thought about that goal every day that year while at the gym...and December 28th, 2011 i benched 300...it felt incredible to reach that goal...seemingly unrealistic when i first set it at that point i had only lost 20 pounds...which was fine bc i had gained alot of muscle mass.

Then in jan 21st 2012 when i joined this site, i decided to then focus on cardio and my diet (in addition to lifting). I joined a gym called title boxing club (in addition to my gym i lift at)...its kind of like a cardio class w\boxing...it involves lots of squats/squat jumps/lunges/pushups/burpies/running/boxing with a body bag and ab work. I really enjoy it for cardio..it's an hour class a day. for the past few months i been doing the 1 hour class a day. And starting last week i started doing that at 6am every day, lifting at 4pm for an hour, then going to boxing again at 6pm for an hour. I used to eat out alot for lunch at work and in january when i started focusing on my diet i pretty much just eat bagel thins & lunch meat for breakfast, protein after working out, and soup for lunch. For dinners i typically eat fish/baked chicken. In january i initially set my goal weight for 220, right now i'm at 225. I think my goal weight will be some where between 200-210...i'm not sure if physically my body will let me lose 25 pounds.

My goal this year is to have abs. I know i'm on the right path and I absolutely love working out...and for those just getting started i strongly feel that your diet is 90% of it. Lifting/cardio is fantastic for inches/mirror but the scale is soooo dependent on your diet. I used to eat out soo much and i really have no desire to anymore...it's not worth it...plus eating out is a stupid waste of money.

feel free to friend me, i enjoy discussing workouts...i feel like i've become pretty knowledgeable throughout this process.

Picture003.jpg
4-28-12.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!