Best ? bottled water & is this dumb?? buying Fiji Water??

Options

Replies

• stargazer008
    Options
    I drink boiled or tap water. I'm not some water snob.
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I boil my tap water before drinking as a rule if I am drinking tap water, but I prefer bottled water too. I can't say that Fiji water was any better than others available on the shelf at the supermarket (I prefer pop tops over screw caps). Maybe I need to have another one to check :bigsmile:
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I refilled my water bottle with tap water and put it on the fridge. Tap water has been proven to be good for you with nothing harmful in it. Once I put it in the fridge it takes away any unpleasant flavor.
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I buy the spring water from Menard for $2.50 - 3.50 / case depending on the current sale price.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I use a Brita water filter because tap water is kind of gross here. My dad's farm has reverse osmosis and it's funny how completely different that water tastes to the Brita filter water. I think the Brita tastes much better. When water starts to taste weird to me I usually add a touch of lemon juice or something.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If I buy bottled water I prefer Fiji or Evian. It is just me...I personally don't care what other people think. I can actually taste a difference.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    <
    buys whatever is on sale (except for that Arrowhead crap, YUCK!)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I buy the 24 packs of the cheapest water in the store which usually amounts to something like $3-$4 a pack. The bottles are flimsy but it's good water. I also have a Brita filter for when I fill up a 74oz jug that I'll sometimes use throughout the night (I take meds that make me very thirsty so I'm up several times a night to grab a drink or to pee it out) or to fill the water bottle I take to the gym.

I know they have water bottles that have filters built in them, you might try one of those if you don't want to buy water and can't have a filter on your faucet.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i use one of the britta pitchers to filter my water or i get water from the soda fountain at work since i can have it for free. even if you buy it though its only like 20 cents so i wouldnt think itd be too much more someplace like that near you. :)
  • hello0okitty
    hello0okitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    omg. lol not to sound like a snob here, but I am sincerely blown away that so many people are willing to spend this amount of money on WATER (not to mention how horrible it is for the environment). My roommates for months on end hauled huge packs of bottled water from walmart to our 3rd floor apartment, because they claimed they didn't like tap water. I bought a reusable filter pitcher, and before I knew it....HMM somebody is drinking all my pitcher water and not refilling it. MY ROOMMATES who stopped buying bottled completely after they finally admitted that, filtered and cold, it tastes EXACTLY THE SAME AS BOTTLED. *shakin ma head* lol
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    <
    Try this.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Most bottled water is tap water. If you are interested in the water industry, I highly reccomend the documentary "Tapped". It will blow your mind.

Fiji water is legit spring water- maybe that's why it's so expensive. I only buy water a couple times a year maybe, but Fiji does taste good. The rest of the time I'm a brita girl. I drink way, way too much water to buy enough.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm really pressed for water I'll drink straight from the tap but if I can wait for a bit i will boil the water even for a few minutes before I drink it, I don't like my tap water taste. However at school I have taken to drinking from the water fountains...they taste pretty good so its how I save water...I bring my bottles and fill them up whilst on campus hehe. however with the public use there is that risk of colds and stuff being spread so i only go to specific water fountains that have little foot traffic.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I fill up a bottle with tap water and put it in the fridge for a couple hours. I find any unpleasant taste goes away after a while sitting.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i used to only buy Fiji at Jiu-jitsu, but i have to say, its kinda foolish to spend that kinda money(no matter your financial status) on Earth's MOST abundant source.
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dasani is my go-to brand. I will occasionally go for Aquafina but rarely.
  • Tango2U
    Tango2U Posts: 3
    Options
    :smile: Do you know that the tap water is by far the cleanest water you can drink. Try putting a filter on it to save you lots of money. Just research the bottle water and see how it is really not clean because it does not have to be regulated like our tap water does. If you read the research and see whats really in bottle water I gurantee you will never want to buy bottle water again. Just Saying!
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    I use a Bobble which has the filter built in so it doesn't matter where I am I always have a filter.

bobble is a stylish, reusable bottle that filters water as you drink, using an ingenious replaceable carbon filter. When water passes through the filter, the carbon removes chlorine and organic contaminants. bobble is intended for municipal tap water making water better, with every sip.

bobble is a beautiful, sleek alternative to single-serve plastic water bottles, which harm the earth (and your wallet). Every filter equates to 300 single-serve bottles. After a year, you’ve removed thousands of bottles from the environment, simply by filtering the water from your tap. bobble is free of BPA, Phthalates and PVC. And it is guilt-free as well. Enjoy!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You can get like 48 x 16.9 oz bottles of Nestle water for under $4 and it tastes alot better than Fiji imo. I also have a water filter jug which I use alot also
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    While fiji water is awesome, it is very expesnive. i only buy it for myself as a "speacial treat." I know, that sounds weird. i really like the sam's choice water from wal-mart. it comes in a very sturdy bottle, I don't like the crinkley "eco friendly" ones. I do recycle them to make up for it. For $5 the taste is great. =]