First week

Options
Loving this app......Wish I found it earlier!

Replies

• CodeP1nk
    CodeP1nk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do too! I have tried other sites/apps, nothing compares to this one. So easy to use!
  • JackieAllan1
    Options
    Wow 18lbs is amazing, well done!
  • JackieAllan1
    Options
    My first week, loving it, Any tips would be fantastic!
  • somervilleshar
    somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    First day here! Love the site so far. I been trying for years to loose 30 lbs around my middle. Just seem to go up and down 10 to 15 pounds.
  • JackieAllan1
    Options
    My first week, really motivated by it...also downloaded app to my phone, I really do think I will stick with it!
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's almost addicting, once you have it on your phone and you're constantly checking in and keeping track of what you eat and your exercises! Feel free to add me! I love having motivational friends! :)
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on Your Healthy Journey and Welcome To MFP:):)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Vibe2010
    Vibe2010 Posts: 5
    Options
    I first found the mobile app a couple of days ago and it is impressive.
    Playing with the full website and it continues to impress. This can
    really help people live a richer, healthy lives. Hope you all stick with it,
    whatever your goals and reason.

Remember though, your body weight is less important than your health and spirit.
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    it's really good!! It makes me accountable and responsible for my choices!!

My advice.... log everything that passes your lips... there is the temptation to sometimes not log, as sometimes I think i have gone way over, but I have surprised myself!! Also, knowing how much over you are means that you can balance the exercise correctly!!! E.G if i'm over by 100 cals, I can skip for 5 minutes and bring it back into the green!!

Also, have mini realistic goals and treat yourself!!
  • JackieAllan1
    Options
    Great advice.....Im going to do it, so much fantastic support, Thank You!
  • somervilleshar
    Options
    Down loaded the app really good for keeping track when your on the go. I had tried writing everything in a book and keeping track but with the app and being able to see how many calories I am actually eating. It's a real wake up. Great to see so many posts online, it's nice to know that I am not the only one!
  • somervilleshar
    Options
    Does anyone know of a gluten free whey powder that does not have sugar or any other additives to make it sweet. No Stevia, no xylitol etc.?
  • Nettabullock
    Options
    First week back. I joined but never used it. I am going to try and stick this out this time around. Any support would be greatly appreciated......
  • JackieAllan1
    Options
    I am loving it....I have logged everything, really does make you think about the portion sizes ive been eating!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I've been here since the end of January.
    I would suggest purchasing a food scale. I weigh everything, it really helps.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    I agree! It is a really great way for me to see what I am eating and if I am on track or not.
  • somervilleshar
    Options
    Have you been surprized by keeping track of what you are eating so far? Still in my first week but I have noticed that I seem to be eating more carbs than I thought I was eating. I have found it hard to find certain items to track. I was at an all day meeting and the food was supplied so I had to guess what to track for these food items.
  • JackieAllan1
    Options
    Ive found it rather interesting how many calories are in some food, especially the hidden calories!..........I haven't had a problem keeping track, everything seems to be here, even down to what supermarket I buy from!
    Good luck, im loving this!
  • AimeeLynn90
    AimeeLynn90 Posts: 94
    Options
    Before I started this I never thought of any calories in half of the foods I ate even on a daily basis. When I started this I was so shocked to see just how many calories are in everything that I used to enjoy so much! Now that I'm calorie aware I just eat a little bit of my favorite things so I'm not over boarding myself but still think that I'm not cutting out the things I used to enjoy. It's about a life style change not a quick fix! But I totally wish I found this site earlier too. Good luck to everyone! :)