Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this true? Ring in Your Opinions.

2»

Replies

• DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,227 Member
    I think its true and the women who tell you different are probably in denial or lying.

As a woman, you always want a man who can be a provider. That isn't saying he would have to fund your entire lifestyle but it feels nice to know that you can be comfortable if you choose to take off time to raise small children for example. Most people wouldn't prefer to trust a stranger to raise their kids while they're both at work. While I know it happens and I don't knock people who need nanny's and baby sitters, but it is taking a risk to trust someone else to raise your children in their most formidable years.
    Uh...bite me? Or perhaps "speak for yourself" is more polite. First, I'm not a liar or in denial; the man I've chosen to spend my life with doesn't have a penny to his name and never has. I really don't care because he's a good person and we love and respect each other. Second, I do not make all my decisions based on hypothetical children I don't want in the first place. Third, it is NOT taking a risk to trust your children to people who make a career out of child care. My parents both worked full-time and I was in daycare at only a few weeks old. My mom ran her own business and helped give my brother and I a very nice lifestyle.

Not to generalize, but generalizations are bad.

And luckily you turned out okay. Just because a person makes a career out of something doesn't make them automatically good at it. You still take a risk when you trust any stranger with your kids, you have to at least admit that much. You're also not the norm since you don't want kids. I'm pretty sure most married couples want children some day.
    Are you or have you ever been married? My husband and I have been together for 40 years, and married for 35 of those. We also have no chidren. I certainly didn't marry him for his money. At many times in our marriage, I have been the one earning the higher salary, and at times we have struggled. to make ends meet. To say that a woman is in denial or lying if she says her marriage was not to the weathiest she could attract is insulting in the extreme. It may be true for you, and it may be true for some, but not all women marry the highest bidder.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Ha! If that was true then I must be a total dog because my fiance is certainly not wealthy. He's the worst person with money I've ever met. I love him regardless of that.

He is pretty fine though, do mens looks come into this? lol

Maybe he's with me for my money and I'm with him for his looks?

Oh no wait, I'm not wealthy either......
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Saw this comment this morning in response to a NFL draft pick article and I thought...is this true? Sounds about right.

A woman goes after the wealthiest man she can attract. A man goes after the hottest woman he can afford.

Maybe I am not enough of a golddigger to say that I still need him to be relatively close to me in age, physically attractive, and have common interests.

What about the ever-growing percentage of women who are the top wage earners in their family? However will we get married when that happens?
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Definitely untrue in my case and the case of every woman in my family. We marry for love and eff all consequence.
    Kind of unfortunate for the sister with the ultra lazy husband, but whatever.

Sure, I'm confident that my husband can take care of me at any point.. but that's not why I chose him. I chose him because he's my best friend and he's pretty good in the sack. Money never came into the equation.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    I had my own money thank you very much. Hubby made decent money when we got married. He also had some debt. I paid that off the year we got married. I also turned down a date with a multi-millionaire because I was dating my now hubby who was flat broke at the time. We're doing well financially now - because of me. He makes good money now but I handle all the finances. I didn't need a rich man. I have my own abilities. I feel sorry for you if you are in such a sad state that you can't even provide for yourself to a basic standard of living so you have to go out digging for gold. Here's a thought - instead of digging for someone else's gold try educating and supporting yourself.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Saw this comment this morning in response to a NFL draft pick article and I thought...is this true? Sounds about right.

A woman goes after the wealthiest man she can attract. A man goes after the hottest woman he can afford.

This is one of the saddest things I have ever read.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Considering the fact that none of the men I date have money or if they do they spend it on alcohol or feeding their smoking habit.... I'd sy it's not true.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    It is definitely true for some people, and they seem to make it work - she overlooks his cheating, he overlooks her spending

The annoying thing is the type of personality that goes for this is the type that will do anything to make money, and so usually does....