Bully all the Way

Options
Just like 3/4 of everyone else on here, I grew up being bullied. So, why is it that people feel the need to bully others on this "supportive" site? I know that most of us are here for weight loss, which means that most of us suffer (I am willingly admitting it) to an over-eating DISORDER. So why do people, who are on this site for being overweight, bully those for being underweight? These people, who suffer from under-eating DISORDERS, are suffering from the same DISORDER that we overeaters do. Seems really pointless to be bullying someone who has the same condition you have. I over-eat because I feel ugly, worthless, and downright helpless. Those seem to be some of the same feelings that people who under-eat feel. Before people post such rude and nasty comments, they need to remember how they felt when those same words were being said to them. We are all human, and we all need to be SUPPORTIVE of each other. We need to help each other make right choices, not push them into the wrong ones. The only way to win the war of being unhealthy is with an army that is banded together.

Sorry for the rant.

Replies

• Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You said it, sister. :)
  • kells812
    kells812 Posts: 8
    Options
    That's really horrible. We all have our issues and need to be supportive no matter what that issue is. When it comes to food my brain does not work right for what ever reason. I am here to find friends who understand that and so far everything has been positive here.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I always figured that the people who do it here are the same people who bullied us growing up. They never stopped. They gained weight at some point, but they've still never been on that side of the bullying equation. For years, I've had a tough time figuring out if bullies are just evil or if they really do not comprehend how they are hurting others; perhaps that's something to consider in trying to understand it here (though I haven't found the answer yet).