Aldi

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaMarie9382
    Options
    My dad is obsessed with Aldi! Haha, they do have an awesome produce department!
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So I recently discovered Aldi Grocery store. It's been here for years, but I've never been in there until the other day. They have a great and affordable selection of food. I love there Fit & Active brand. My favorite is the yogurt raisins. Stuff is super cheap and their food is really good. I'm addicted! The only thing that I was not sure about is their bread. But next time, I am going to try their english muffins. Anybody else like Aldi?

I LOVE aldi! I can get a whole cart load for less than $100, and the fit & Active brand is by far, the best i have had!
  • bunn3950y
    bunn3950y Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like Aldi, but keep forgetting to bring my darn old bags!
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I suspect Aldi here in the UK doesn't have the same stuff as in the US - I only have to go through the food database on here and their are Aldi "brands" that we don't have in the UK. They're going to cater for US tastes in the same way they cater for UK tastes. But I guess the basic premise is the same on cheap fruit & veg, weekly sepcials etc. My husband works as a store manager for our local Aldi and that's when I started shopping there. I can do a weekly shop for our family (me, husband, daughter and dog) for less than 40 quid (think that's about $60-ish?) which is pretty much half the price of most of places and the quality is better than the "value" stuff in other supermarkets imo.
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I do almost all my shopping at Aldi's! Love it. It's actually owned by the same people who own Trader Joes. And I've found that most of their stuff tastes just as good, if not better, than the brand names. I'm assuming they get brand name companies to make their products.

Their protein bars are really tasty, by the way!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Aldi's food is cheap ... did you ever wonder why?
    Take a look at the back of many of their packages (frozen seafood, meats, etc etc)....

"Product of China"
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my Aldi's just started carrying these 14 calorie popsicle/vanilla ice cream swirled bars. They are so good and a nice, low calorie treat for a sweet tooth.
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always loved to go to Aldi in Germany!! I have never been to one in the US before but over there they are great!
  • Inselkind
    Inselkind Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It is the same store. They actually started off in the UK and migrated over to the US....
    [/quote]
    It's actually a German supermarket chain, same goes for Lidl ;)

Not sure if it's the case in the US as well, but over here in Germany some of their "no-name"-products are actually the same as some more expensive products sold under a different brand name.
  • Mimigurken
    Mimigurken Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the cheap loafs. They leave a weird after taste. Right now they have German items. Try the whole wheat or the Sunflower (they are presliced heavy dark breaks. (looks like a large brick. Try one ($1.49). Super healthy and very filling. Try with cream cheese and fresh slices of tomatoes. Perfect lunch.
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options

It's actually a German supermarket chain, same goes for Lidl ;)

Not sure if it's the case in the US as well, but over here in Germany some of their "no-name"-products are actually the same as some more expensive products sold under a different brand name.

I live in the US and have personally walked into the Aldi and looked that packaging that said it was from China.I walked in and walked right back out.

It may be a German chain but that doesn't mean the food comes from there as well!