Low carb or low calorie

Options
I continue to go back and forth with both of these diets. Has anyone lost alot on the low carb diet?

Replies

• penroseg
    penroseg Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have lost most of my weight on low carb. Low calorie doesn't work well for my body. Everyone is different. Find what works well for your body. :smile:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    well, if you plan to eat carbs in your future then i wouldn't cut them out for weight loss--lots of water but no long term benefit in doing low carb vs a traditional calorie deficit approach.
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    I know many who lost a lot on a low-carb diet, but I prefer low calorie because it's easier, imo. ^^
    Besides, we need carbs more than we need calories ? :p
    Options
    I know many who lost a lot on a low-carb diet, but I prefer low calorie because it's easier, imo. ^^

ehhh--you want to be 88 pounds. Ummm...yeah. Not sure I'd ever say we need carbs more than calories.
  • madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    I am doing a low carb diet now and it's working for me real well. I went on a no carb diet 10 years ago to lose a smaller amount of weight. It was incredible how fast i lost the weight. But that was so extreme, i didn't need to do that. Low carb is working the best for me.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options

ehhh--you want to be 88 pounds. Ummm...yeah. Not sure I'd ever say we need carbs more than calories.

Carbs gives the body energy, if you don't eat enough carbs you'll get tired - maybe even sick.
    (btw. 88 pounds is kinda ok for my height)
  • J0ET
    J0ET Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I prefer low carb, but within reason. A bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a serving of brown rice at lunch, a serving of yams/brown rice/etc... at dinner and unlimited amounts of fibrous vegetables are all "good" carbs that provide energy and promote fat loss. Breads, pastas & potatoes aren't necessary... If you can't "live" without bread, check out Julian Bakery for their low/no carb options.
    Options

Carbs gives the body energy, if you don't eat enough carbs you'll get tired - maybe even sick.

are you 4'10 or less?
  • stephsikes4
    Options
    Anybody have any good ideas for low carb sweets. Also, do you eat any of the Atkins bars and do you see that slows your weight loss down if you eat them.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

1.60 m (5'2 ?), but still, 88 is not very low for my height.
  • J0ET
    Options
    Anybody have any good ideas for low carb sweets. Also, do you eat any of the Atkins bars and do you see that slows your weight loss down if you eat them.

Sugar free Jello
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

yowsa--we all have our own goals and threshold of "healthy". i hope that you're seeing a doctor!
  • J0ET
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

yowsa--we all have our own goals and threshold of "healthy". i hope that you're seeing a doctor!

Agreed!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

Agreed!

Triple agreed. And if the posters profile picture is an indication of her weight........

I weighted 88 lbs when I was 13 years old, and was 5' even. And I was so skinny that I had to shop really hard for pants that fit in the waist but were still long enough.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

Agreed!

Triple agreed. And if the posters profile picture is an indication of her weight........

I weighted 88 lbs when I was 13 years old, and was 5' even. And I was so skinny that I had to shop really hard for pants that fit in the waist but were still long enough.

The profile picture is just some random thinspo-pic from weheartit - NOT me! ;)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

Agreed!

Why would you even use a pic from there? 88 is 40kg which is too low. I saw another poster who is 4ft 9 that wants to get to 80 which is 36kg. It's crazy.
  • skinnyl0l
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

Agreed!

Why would you even use a pic from there? 88 is 40kg which is too low. I saw another poster who is 4ft 9 that wants to get to 80 which is 36kg. It's crazy.

well, we all have different goals. and at least I'm doing it in a healthy way, I'm not starving or anything.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

are you 4'10 or less?

Agreed!

well, we all have different goals. and at least I'm doing it in a healthy way, I'm not starving or anything.

well even if you are doing it the "healthy" way your target weight isn't healthy, Even your current weight puts you in unhealthy range for your height. If I was you I will be consulting a nutricionist to give you professional recomendations about what type of diet you should be following.
  • mizzwatkin
    Options
    you do realise you will have a BMI of 2 right? being if you go to 88lbs at 5ft2"
  • skinnyl0l
    Options
    you do realise you will have a BMI of 2 right? being if you go to 88lbs at 5ft2"

eh. what? My BMI would be 16,1 at 88 pounds ...