extra calories at end of day!

Options
There have been a couple of days when I have at least 200 calories left to eat at the end of the day. I NEVER want to be that far under the 1200 calories. I'd love to get some suggestions of low GI, low sodium, snacks I can have at the end of the day (bedtime snacks).

Replies

• kells812
    kells812 Posts: 8
    Options
    I struggle with this too. The last thing I want at the end of the day is a bag of carrots.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or nuts. Bananas are a high cal fruit.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Look at your diary and see what you're low in. My usual go-tos are protein shakes, cottage cheese + fruit, or oatmeal, depending on what the macros look like.
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    a big glass of milk
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I save peanut butter on wholemeal toast for the last mini meal :) it really helps!! also, with extra calories burned for exercise, i can have 2 slices rather than one to meet my calorie needs :)
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I have 4 rice cakes, with very light cheese spread and a slice of wafer thin roast chicken slice on each. I sprinkle a bit of curry powder on the spread too...spicy.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Maybe try putting a tbsp on coconut oil along with the peanut butter on the toast? It is 120 cal/tbsp and full of good stuff. One of the "superfoods".
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Tonight I finished out with a gala apple and some peanut butter. 1350 calories for the day! Not too shabby. I will certainly take several of your suggestions for future evenings.