Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am finally ready to splurge and buy one...any suggestions? I want one that I can wear during group fitness classes and in the water...

Thanks everyone!

Jenny

Replies

• VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that many people on here have the Polar F6. I have this, and it's considered near top of the line. It's water proof up to 25 feet I think and works great. I've had mine for almost a year and I'm glad I bought it! I think I paid around $100 for it but not sure what the prices are now.

Good luck!
  • VegasBaby
    Options
    I think you will find that many people on here have the Polar F6. I have this, and it's considered near top of the line. It's water proof up to 25 feet I think and works great. I've had mine for almost a year and I'm glad I bought it! I think I paid around $100 for it but not sure what the prices are now.

Good luck!

Perfect, that is actually the one I was looking at on Amazon. Thank!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have a polar f6 - love it!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar one too, I love it!!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Good luck!

I have the Polar F6 as well, but do you find that it's accurate with your calorie burn?
  • VegasBaby
    Options

Good luck!

I have the Polar F6 as well, but do you find that it's accurate with your calorie burn?

Do you find that it is not accurate with calorie burn? if so, is it over? under? by how much? I want to make sure to get one that is accurate! thx!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    After staring at the F6 and Mio Motiva for hours :bigsmile: ... I went with the Mio Motiva.
    The main reason was no freaking chest strap.

The Mio has a number of different timers, calculates calories burned, net calories
    burned, calories intake, heart rate recovery, blah blah blah.

Plus, its real easy to setup and operate.

The watch comes with two bands. The attached band is black for the guys and
    an orange band for the women (I actually like the orange).

I've only had the watch for two weeks, but I really do love it.

Doug
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I have the Polar F4, depending on your budget and how many features you want, this model is the lowest model Polar sells to count calories.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have both a Polar F4 and a Mio Classic Select Petite. I initially favored the Polar, but not anymore. The Mio is just as accurate but minus the chest strap, and you can also add calories you've consumed during the day and deduct calories based on your workouts. My vote is for the Mio.