Fresh new start!

Options
HI I'm new to this site but I'm very excited about losing this weight. I have been overweight my whole life! I have been trying to have a Gastricbipass to eliminate my diabetes. I have run into some road blocks and am taking this to mean for me to get off my *kitten* and eat good healthy foods and to move my body! Please don't get me wrong I believe that GB can and does help a great many people, I just a being pushed by God to move in another direction. I have a little support at home with my husband and kids but I am going to need more so please feel free to reply. Going out for a long walk. Looking forward to being able to run in a marathon.
M

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome =). I am a type 2 diet/exercise controlled diabetic. It's definately the way to go.
  • michellelmcc
    michellelmcc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have been diabetic for 17 years. I was in good control during all four of my pregnancies but as soon as I delivered them I went back to my old habits plus "finishing" their food.
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are determines to succeed. This site has such a strong friendship base and words of support and understanding from others who know what you are going through will make such a difference.

I wish you every success. You can do it.

Feel free to add me as a pal.

Sue
  • TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba...you will burn much more than running and have fun in the process!