Replies

• kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bounce Cream - nothing beats it!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I mix a curl cream - currently Charles worthington with a few drops of Aussie curl serum.

I tried Pantene curl products last year winkle in flourdaband really liked them - but cant find them in the UK
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic!

I have some crazy curly hair that's very coarse.

I normally keep mine under control with a little bit of gel.

I love L'oreal Sulfate-free Shampoo and Conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling super soft and smooth.

YES! If you have curly hair, you need to go sulfate-free and salt-free. I like the L'Oreal line of sulfate-free shampoos. Also, don't towel dry your hair...let it air dry!

I also like using products that have argan oil. Moroccan Oil is one of the brands that contains argan oil, but you can get similar quality for lower prices. I personally use One 'n Only Argan Oil that I buy at Sally Beauty Supply. It's affordable and a little bit goes a LONG way.

Some products that have silicone in them work well for curly hair, but I'm not sure that silicone is good for you in the long run, it can weigh down your hair.
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    So....Nobody uses WEN (by Chaz Dean)?

I don't have curly hair, but I know a lot of people who do and they use it. I've used it for 3 years (on my straight hair). Best thing I've ever purchased for my hair. seriously
    I have curly hair and when I want to wear it curly I use Deva Curl....low poo, conditioner and gel. If I want to wear it straight I use WEN, it truly is an amazing product !!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Store bought products dont work on my crazy curls.... I use Miss Jessies and love it.. I use the quick curls because I HATE gels and everything that make it crunchy...ewww. I hardly ever straighten my hair because I just welll dont have time so Ive explored many products and this works the best

I also am a fan of WEN shampoo its amazing. my stylist uses it but I havent bought it. I keep saying I will
  • JulesMT
    JulesMT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Kirkland Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner from Costco. They are 100% vegan, no paraben and no sulfates.

I have finally found the perfect styling procuct for my type 3a/2c curls : Schwarzkopf Osis+ Thrill Fibre Gum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZmbCMunHM
    I can't say enough about this product - it is amazing! It gives me hair great hold with defined curls and leaves no sticky or crunchy residue: My hair feels soft and totally touchable. Plus, I am one who is allergic to many products and have no problems with this one.
  • nicoleeliza4
    Options
    I love this, I always straighten mine cause the curls don't cooperate, usually goes super poofy. But when I do leave it I use Aussie's leave in conditioner/mousse, keeps hair from going all crunchy but holds well. I also always, whether curly or straight, put in garnier fructis sleek and shine anti frizz serum, just run a small amount through my hair when it's still wet and keeps it silky.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Biolage Mousse. I've tried so many products and mousse is the only thing my hair likes. I don't like when products make your hair look greasy or the wet look. I dry 1/2 way, add mousse, then dry a little more.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I like the sulfate free shampoo & conditioner from L'Oreal. I also rotate in the sulfate free products from Aquage. ( love their serum for straightening)

I use a little AG recoil curl activator on curly days, plop in in a towel for about 20 -30 minutes, then air dry with clips in near the scalp to give some lift at the roots. Follow with Aquage serum.

I like Elnet hairspray because it does not get crunchy.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have naturally very thick curly hair, Since having it chopped off into a graduated bob about 2 and a half years ago, I don't think I have worn it curly since! Even though it is long again now, I straighten it every day, i use morrocan oil and Paul Mitchell serum. I LOVE this post as I will be wearing my hair curly when I go away in the summer and need to be re-trained in styling my curly hair lol x
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    GHD hair straighters and John Frieda heat protection serium

Also OSMO hair mask twice a week and a trim every 6-8 weeks,

When curly i use serum and leave in conditioner and just scrunch it up into a bun and when its dry i let me hair out and its all lovely shiny curls.

or if im being lazy i just brush the curls out and go with a frizz :o)
  • amara0118
    amara0118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use the Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Conditioner line from L'Oreal. I've noticed a huge improvement with the tangling of my hair. Now it takes me 2 minutes to detangle my hair instead of 5+.

As my leave-in conditioner I'm using L'Oreal Sulfate-Free Leave-in Spray. Not a fan of the smell, but it does leave my hair soft.

To style, it depends on whether I'm diffusing of air-drying it. (Since I'm lazy, I usually air-dry)

If I blow-dry, I use Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray (anytime you use heat on your hair you need to protect it!) and a light-weight mousse to help with frizz and to help my curls stick together. Right now I'm using Suave Captivating Curls Whipped Cream. It's cheap and works decently.

If I let it air-dry, I use a styling cream. Right now I'm using Garnier Fructis Curl Calm Down. It helps my curls stick together but it doesn't leave them stiff. (There's nothing I hate more than stiff curls!)

It also really helps to wash your hair less. I know it may seem gross when you're getting used to it, but it's one of the best things you can do for your hair. I went from washing my hair everyday (yikes!) to washing it every 2-3 days and my curls are in MUCH better condition.
  • thegoya
    thegoya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • kc_froglady
    Options
    Biosilk SIlk Therapy (we call it hair crack it is so addicting! makes hair so soft and manageable!) and Avon Advanced Techniques Lotus Shield (works great for the frizz and fighting humidity!