Best ? bottled water & is this dumb?? buying Fiji Water??

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    These are really terrific replies--Thanks so much to you all!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Our tap water tastes pretty good, so I don't buy water normally. But if the taste is a real issue, its better to to spend some money on something that you will use and enjoy than to suffer, or not drink enough.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    I have a kitchen water filtration system built in under my sink. Since having it, I save the money, storage and time (don't have to recycle or go to Costco to get water anymore). I just fill up my 2 32oz containers and go. Look into it. Its not as expensive as everyone thinks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I paid 2.49 for a 24 case of bottled water at aldi yesterday. Tastes fine to me.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    For those of you buying bottled water, read the label. Unless it's spring water or fiji, then it comes from TAP water that is filtered. The label has to list the source and it usually says some city's municiple water supply.

So just buy a filter and don't waste so much plastic.
  • exdisneychick
    Options
    I buy Nestle Pure Life. we get it at sams club. they have a case of 32 for like $4. we go through 2 cases a week. I have tried more expensive and cheaper but this brand we all seem to be able to drink even at room temperature.
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have filtration on both our tap and our refrigerator system, so I haven't purchased water in ages. But this is something I've researched before, and surprisingly the cheaper brands get better ratings!

http://www.ewg.org/bottled-water-2011-search
  • stella_julia
    Options
    I guess I am lucky, the tap water is amazing, and even bottled and sold in the US. When in the US I only drink Iceland Spring Water, only because I know exactly where it comes from.
  • Trysta
    Trysta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Brita also makes a water bottle with a built in filter, as well as the jugs & tap filters they make. Works great :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Buy a reverse osmosis system, they're inexpensive and not too hard to install and you have virtually limitless great quality water (yup - you can even cook with it!) for pennies a gallon.

$23.00 for a case of water? I can buy a box of good beer for that!:laugh: :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I only drink bottled water when I'm at work, I don't buy it for my house. I grew up drinking out of the lawn hose lol so it's plain old tap water for me all the way.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Fiji is basically spring water...so if u like the taste of Fiji buy any water that says "natural or spring"..personally...I prefer the taste of purified...

But basically 23 is a rip off (and I work for a company that distributes Fiji for 30 a case) like I said u can find something comparable for less! ;)
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Nestle water and that's pretty much it. Recently, I have been just filling up the empty bottle with tap and save a few bucks.
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    We got a water treatment system. Saves the appliances and the water tastes great.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Get a decent filter for your tap. Think not only of the money you are saving but the environmental impact of all those thrown out bottles.
  • ohjoy908
    ohjoy908 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I work at starbucks and all their water is triple filtered! I drink trinta cups of their water all day long! Sam's water tasted like plastic to me... I have a brita filter and I fill up a reusable water bottle for outside of work. i love fruit it it like lemons and oranges when i get bored with just water! I def wanna try distilled eventually.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I drink Nestle Pure Life. I used to be a Dasani girl but after I tried Pure Life I've never gone back.

I also like Brita filtered water but I don't have a filter.
  • barefootkandi
    Options
    Unless bottled water clearly states it is spring water, it is almost always tap water that is filtered, usually through reverse osmosis, and then minerals are added for taste. I love the taste of Dasani and Smartwater, but Aquafina tastes weird to me. All of them are tap water filtered through reverse osmosis and it is the minerals they add that add the taste.

Where I live the tap water is horrible, and even leaving it in the fridge overnight still tastes off to me. I have a Brita filter at home, but I also buy Dasani or Smartwater when it's on sale so I have something easy to carry with me.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Nestle Pure Life water tastes very clean. The only place I don't like the water is my apartment complex (of course); the water in Cambridge, Ontario is terrible! I have a Brita jug but even that doesn't help. So I usually resort to the bottles or Arizona Tea packets for flavour.
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    Our family only loves Arrowhead. We get it at Sams for $4 for 35 bottles