What changes contributed to ur weight loss success?

Options
Whether it be your diet or exercise, what did you do to lose the weight? I'm new at this weight loss thing & any motivation or tips could really help right now!

Replies

• Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it was cutting down on wine!!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hard work, dedication and quite honestly, this site really helped ALOT.
  • Lindamack5987
    Options
    Sticking to .1500 calories and walking
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Realizing that this has to be something that you recommit to every day. It's not going to happen in a day, week or month. I've seen small changes over the last couple months but i'm still waiting for that big NSV to happen for me.

It's the little things that count the most for me. The biggest thing was cutting out fast food and going out to dinners. I still do these things but maybe once a week now compared to everyday before. I make everything as easy as possible by always having snacks available. Fresh cut fruit and veggies to munch on, a stock of salad, boiled eggs, low cal soups and my favorite, popcorn. I buy them in the 100 calorie servings so its easy to count the calories.

I also added exercise little by little. I started by just doing 15 - 20 minutes or walking around the block but now, I can almost run a full 2 miles. It may seem like a little thing, but for someone that wouldn't dream of running a few months ago, it really motivates me to keep going, to see if I can "beat my high score." Don't burn yourself out on exercise by trying to go full force before you've even assessed where you are physically. Find an activity that you enjoy and ENJOY it. A little goes a long way in the beginning and once you figure out where you stand, you can push your limits and make goals. (I want to run a 5k someday, thats my motivation to keep going)

It's mainly about finding your groove and what works for you. A good balance between eating right, exercising and not depriving you of the yummy things in life, just watching the portions that you have them in.
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Eating clean, Cutting portions and adding some form of excersize.:bigsmile:
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Exercise,Logging everything that touched my lips DAILY, and drastically decreasing fried foods which is a huge accomplishment . Im a southern girl and we LIKE our fried food:wink: s!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly competative and was really sporty in High School, however over the years exercise had become something that was 100% about the weightloss. There was no joy of competition, performance or improvement. The biggest change came when I found forms of exercise (CrossFit and weight lifting) that allowed me to make gains, feel proud and enjoy myself, reagrdless of whether the scale was moving that week (or month)...,
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Exercise,Logging everything that touched my lips DAILY, and drastically decreasing fried foods which is a huge accomplishment . Im a southern girl and we LIKE our fried food:wink: s!

Sothern, Northern, Eastern, Western, it don't matter. WE ALL LOVE fried foods. LOL
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Not eatting sugar, caffeine, white flour, and starchy foods. Detox my system from all refined and over processed foods to start shedding pounds!!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I switched out nearly all my white carbs for brown ones. I began tracking everyting I ate. I began C25K, and finished it. I then began running and setting goals to acheive in my running. I ran 5K races and a half marathon. You'll drop weight like crazy training for a half marathon.. I logged over 400 miles training for mine. Now I'm adding muscle to the equation (I've gained 10 pounds doing this, but am in the same size 4/6 that I was at my lowest running weight. I'm just more sexily toned now). I don't diet.. I use food for fuel.. it either fuels my workout or my recovery, depending on what I need it to do. I don't look at eating in a restrictive sense.. I look at it in an addition sense, in that I look at my macros and micros and select what I"m going to eat next based on what I need next.
  • Theskinnysideofme
    Options
    i cut out all fast food and stopped drinking pop.

also exercise on the elliptical trainer and weighted hula hooping :)

ive lost almost a total of 80 lbs this way!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The best weight loss trick I know is eating the most nutritious, healthiest, non-refined foods (with the exception of oatmeal), and moderate exercise. I have to do both to see results, otherwise I just maintain with diet or exercise alone.
  • stayseeing
    stayseeing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I became a vegetarian, and the healthy eating habits flowed in. I quit fast food basically (as the only thing I can usually get is french fries or some other high-carb item), eat fresh fruits and vegetables, and I cook a lot more now.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No cheating on calories, no eating out and most importantly weigh every single thing and account for it accurately.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Started to log every little thing I ate, and added a combination of cardio and weight lifting exercises. Both were key in getting my weight off.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Portion control and counting calories with MFP
  • dcsump2
    dcsump2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Portion control and counting calories with MFP

What she said. And lots of walking.
  • nevr2L8
    nevr2L8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Daily exercise of some sort and tracking everything I eat
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    -Logging EVERYTHING! Even the cheat days/binges etc. (seriously, some of my binges went in to the 6000's...ouch, those are some big red numbers at the end of the day!)
    -Drinking water... making sure that I got at least 2ltrs a day!
    -Ditching the daily scale check-in! I stopped weighing myself and kept up with the mantra that this HAD to work, if I did the right things, then it would just have to work, and if that took me a year or more, then it was worth it.
    -Trying to get as much exercise, wherever possible. If I ever considered not going out to walk because it was raining or whatever, i'd remind myself not to be lazy and make sure that I got out and did something everyday, even if it was just a walk to the local shops.
    -Never giving myself the excuse to 'start again on Monday.' It really is just an excuse to pig out, when there's no need for it, i'd always start again the next morning, or even mid-binge i'd remind myself that I could stop this, I could make better choices. Even if that meant having a diet soda instead of a full fat one. Every little bit helps!
    -Most importantly... realising that THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES! I've been doing this now since early 2009, in that time I lost 50lbs, got to my goal weight, put on 15lbs, lost 10 etc. etc. This is now my lifestyle. I still don't get it right all the time, but 3 years in the making, I'm starting to appreciate my new (smaller) body, and make the right choices to keep it this way!
  • cmoul001
    cmoul001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not eating out! (Except Starbucks and Subway)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!