does weight loss Always = smaller boobies????

Options

Replies

• shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    it depends on genetics and such...the part of them that is actually just fat, yes you will probably lose some. if theyre mostly breast tissue, you should be safe. :) ive lost almost 40 pounds and am still a D cup so far.
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No matter how much weight I've lost over the years my boobs have always managed to grow!! :( At my heaviest I was a D now I'm a G & they still seem to be growing :'(
  • specialtreat
    Options
    i lost back fat so my bra was smaller but the boobs stayed the same. they looked bigger because of the muscles underneath.

so seems there could still be some hope for the girls yet.
    I was a very full and perky c cup before having kids, after kids and the end of a marriage I went down to a B cup, but that was after a lot of weight lost due to stress and still feeding a baby.
    With extra weight on me now and having finished BF my fifth baby over 12months ago, they are a D cup.
    Would be happy enough if they go back to a C cup but don't want to go back down to a B cup.
    I am probably of average build, not big boned and not petite either. My mother and sister have Huge girls, I missed out on that gene :sad:
    I know I will just have to take it as it comes, as the weight comes off. Still no harm in holding on to a bit of hope that I don't loose too much of them. My boobs have always been one of my better body parts...:laugh:
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Im down 40lbs. I started as a 40C (and the bands were tight sometimes)and Im in a 38C now. Sometimes the cup size is a bit big and I still have 60lbs to lose, give or take, so I expect I'll be maybe a 36B when i finish. i would love for them to be 36Cbut i dont see it happening aha.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My boobs have gotten smaller but not much but i've only lost 20lbs. I couldn't fit a DD but now i do comfortably and almost in a D cup. But i want to shrink in this area a bit so i'm not complaining.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It depends on the person. I honestly did not lose any of my cup size after 25 pounds. My band went down two inches...but I stayed a D cup. My friends tell me they "hate" me because they lose their cup sizes haha. I don't know how much truth is to this...but I also do a lot of body weight workouts push ups, etc and I have heard from various sources that it can help with keeping the girls but like I said...there is a lot of heresay out there. Either way...there is hope!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I went down a cup size
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Must vary by individual. I am happy to report that I have lost 20 pounds, and not a pound of it was boobs. LOL No change in size here! Thank god.
  • avalonmaiara
    Options
    i freakin wish! i lost a lot of weight but my boobs did not get much smaller are still big for my size now :( i wish you could spot lose them - boobs get in the way of my job! lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I hope the equation is true for me:

weight loss always = smaller bobbies = true

I would hope so for me! :love:
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You can control this! Try to eat a lot of protein, lean fats and 2,000 calories per day. If you eat clean but don't deprive your body you can build a strong solid physique. Don't be afraid to use the right fats that way you keep fat in the right places in your body. I was a D cup and now I'm a full C and I plan on keeping it. I workout and make sure I eat enough protein (1 gram per body weight) & lean fats! You keep your boobs and a solid bod, you can't go wrong with that! :blushing: :smile:
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5 and started at 225 and am now 155 so my stats are not the same but I was a DD when I started. Now I'm a large B, small C. Trust me, they're not bouncing either :ohwell:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    No matter how much weight I've lost over the years my boobs have always managed to grow!! :( At my heaviest I was a D now I'm a G & they still seem to be growing :'(
    this is what happens to me. odds are your breasts aren't growing, but your band size gets smaller which makes the cup size go up. forr instance when i started out i was 38F/G now I'm around 36G/H

in general i think it depends on how your body puts on weight. for me, breast is the 1st place my body packs on extra fat, so in order for me to significantly get rid of what i have i'd probably have to be around 10% body fat
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What are boobs made of? Fat.
    So yes you will lose them.

smh ... from a man

He is correct. I don't think he meant that you lose tem completely, but most people's boobs will reduce with weight loss.
    [/quote

^^ Agreed^^ the tissue underneath our boobs is adipose tissue=fat..I am also 5'4 and 152lbs and as I lose weigh my boobs shrink but it doesn't bother me at all!
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As much as I wish they would,no.
    PicsArt_1335754793576.jpg
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    this is what happens to me. odds are your breasts aren't growing, but your band size gets smaller which makes the cup size go up. forr instance when i started out i was 38F/G now I'm around 36G/H

in general i think it depends on how your body puts on weight. for me, breast is the 1st place my body packs on extra fat, so in order for me to significantly get rid of what i have i'd probably have to be around 10% body fat

I agree here. I think I gain fairly evenly, but I have also been pretty well-endowed up top.

So far I have gone from about 36H to 34H (which I am happy about). But I also gained a cup in my 20s (even though my weight stayed the same). I am hoping I lose in the band and a bit in the cup. If I keep the same volume, and keep going down in the band I will have a really obnoxious size. (Um 30J or something awful)
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What are boobs made of? Fat.
    So yes you will lose them.

smh ... from a man

He is correct. I don't think he meant that you lose tem completely, but most people's boobs will reduce with weight loss.
    [/quote

^^ Agreed^^ the tissue underneath our boobs is adipose tissue=fat..I am also 5'4 and 152lbs and as I lose weigh my boobs shrink but it doesn't bother me at all!

yes i know "boobs" are made of fat - thanks
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    I guess everyone's diff. My case... I'm a ddd... Depending on bra & mine are shrinking. Ok with me bc they're too big, but I didn't notice how significant my loss was... Good luck
  • lundynn23
    Options
    Where ever the first place you gained the most weight at is the place youll loose the most fat from. If you are top heavy then the ban size might shrink but the breast themselves may still be a nice size I have booty and breast so OMG look out when I finish
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    If you had large breasts before you put on weight then you will have them when you lose weight. :happy: If you only got boobs because you put on weight, then, sorry, no boobies when you lose. :sad:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!