Dark Circles Underneath My Eyes - How To Get Rid?

Options
2»

Replies

• TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    Lots of water, Eating extremely healthy, cutting out all junk food or white flour! And exercise :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about vitamin deficiency. I believe it is a mix of k, e, and potassium that can cause dark under eye issues. I am my own night light (so white I glow) and also have a problem with dark circles when my vitamins are out of whack. To help not look so white and ill I do use a bronzer on my cheek bones. I refuse to tan however. The bronzer helps tho.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I am always curious to this information. I also have dark circles under my eyes. Mine is hereditary from my Mother, and Grandmother, and my daughter also has them. Allergies/sinuses also affect them. I use makeup but sometimes when the sinuses are acting up, nothing helps. I even have patients ask me sometimes if someone punched me in the face.
    Thanks for some of the suggestions!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Dark under-eye circles can be caused by several different things:

1) heredity
    2) anemia (low iron)
    3) allergy or sensitivity - especially to dairy products or wheat
    4) poor sleep
    5) dehydration

Any of they above reasons, except heredity, can be remedied. Start by going over your food diary and making adjustments to anything that stands out. You can't always get rid of the circles entirely, but they can be made much less noticeable.

Also, you may want to consider that this could be due to your pale skin. You might just see the veins and capillaries under your skin more around your eyes because of your natural fairness.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Lots of rest and water. There are many eye creams that help that, or those new eye rollers for dark circles are good.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Dark circles are more frequently caused by nutrition (particularly iron depletion) and genetics, than they are by lack of sleep. Eat more, eat better.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have always had dark circles under my eyes even when I was skinny and in shape when I was younger (HS). I was always told by dr ect that it was a vitamin b deficiency, coupled with other vitamins but mainly vitamin b. I used to take tablets of them and I guess it might have helped but I was also in a lot of AP classes and ROTC and working so I slept very little as well and that can also cause it.

To this day I still have dark circles. I don't have a completely fair complexion but I have never worn makeup, I just kind of ignore them. Maybe try a darkish eye shadow like purple or blue or grey and it might bring the attention away from under your eyes if you don't like concealer.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Would love to see more to this answer as well. I eat well, drink a lot of water, exercise everyday, and sleep about 6-8 hours a night. I have dark circles...left eye is worse due to a broken valve in a vein under my eye from boxing in college. I'm not adverse to makeup, but don't know what kind to get, and very short on time. I also am pasty white, but not quite as alabaster as OP (who has beautiful skin).
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You are within your BMI and toward the lower end. Your goal weight is slightly below the recommended level (BMI-17.5) . There may be reasons that would be desirable in a specific case so I won't talk about that here... Dark circles underneath your eyes can be a sign of several things. At this level of nutrition (1000-1200 cal q.d.) , I would suspect that this may be a vitamin deficiency. This may be easily taken care of by adding a multivitamin to your regimen. Otherwise eye creams and such may work but I don't know much about those. My thought is take care of whatever the underlying problem is (in this case I suspect vitamin deficiency) and you should feel better as well as look better. Best wishes.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i had this too, and you seems to sleep well which i done too. since i'm male in 40s with family i don't mind and ignore that.

however, when i fix my diet and lose weight. i started noticing that dark circles is gone. so in diet part, i reduce carbs, more vegies, i avoid sugar and drink lot's of water about 2 to 3 liters. by the way i notice that it's gone when i lose about 8 lbs. for workout it's nothing fancy, it's the usual cardio and weight training.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've had them all my life. I used to be super self conscious about them, but I'm okay with them now. AFAIK, there's no way to get rid of them if they're not due to lack of sleep.
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    do you rub your eyes? if you do, eye-rubbing can stimulate the blood vessels so they look bigger and more pronounced and are closer to the skin. as someone else mentioned, allergies can also be a culprit.

but i don't think there's any magical cure. i came out of the womb with mine -- the doctor took one look at me and told my parents, "she'll be an allergic child", apparently basing this assumption on my dark under-eye circles. (i wasn't an allergic child, but i did get sick a lot, strep and ear infections and pink eye and stuff). and... i've still got the circles. sometimes they get better and worse, and it doesn't seem to be connected to any particular factor.
    i wear makeup :-/. i use the bare minerals concealer. i think "bisque" is the lightest, it's been working well for me. i hate makeup, but this is the easiest to use, in my opinion.
  • barbaramory
    barbaramory Posts: 10
    Options
    Apply cool cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes. This tip will helps you to get rid of dark circles.