Thighs workout

Options
2»

Replies

• dennisandrew2002
    Options
    Like people are telling you, you can't spot train for fat. Keep doing a balanced resistance training workout routine to work every muscle in your body and do cardio while keeping your body in a caloric deficit.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Agreeing about genetics..I have always had big thighs but have worked realllly hard on firming them up..I do the stairmill or the treadmill at max incline 3.0-3.5 speed for 40 to 60 minutes a day...I also love the JM killer buns and thighs video. ..I do the video daily...I was weight training but found that my legs were looking great but were just getting bigger and bigger...focusing on the cardio a bit with the leg video and will probably revisit weights again soon but not lift as heavy.

Good luck!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Per Dr. Oz and the Dr. Oz Show
    Fat-burning Formula for Thighs

Research shows that thigh fat is less metabolically active than fat on other parts of the body. To burn fat in this stubborn area, your body needs a metabolic boost. Try increasing your metabolism to burn fat stores in your thighs with:

1000mg calcium pyruvate before each meal
    Swap all meat for meat substitutes

Pyruvic acid is found naturally in the body, helps convert sugar and starches into energy, and has been shown to boost metabolism. However, to actually help burn thigh fat, you need more pyruvic acid than the body can provide. A calcium pyruvate supplement combines pyruvic acid and calcium to aid weight loss by working to minimize fat storage in areas like your thighs. Take 1000mg of calcium pyruvate before each meal for 1 week.

Animal fat has a high-saturated fat content that can get stored in your thighs. Don’t eat meat for 1 week. Instead, choose protein from plant sources: veggie burgers, soy hot dogs and tofu bacon.

possibly some of the worst advice I've read around here.

Moderate cal deficit, resistance training to promote preservation of LBM, adequate protein.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Heavy barbell squats.

^^ yup!!

Helps perk up your butt too :D
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Firm up with squats, lunges and dead lifts.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    1) squats. More and more squats.

2) lay down on the floor, raise your legs a bit so your thighs are perpendicular to the ground. Start air biking

3) lay down on the floor, raise the legs about 1/2 feet to the ground but keep them straight. Start spreading them and then closing them
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Per Dr. Oz and the Dr. Oz Show
    Fat-burning Formula for Thighs

Research shows that thigh fat is less metabolically active than fat on other parts of the body. To burn fat in this stubborn area, your body needs a metabolic boost. Try increasing your metabolism to burn fat stores in your thighs with:

1000mg calcium pyruvate before each meal
    Swap all meat for meat substitutes

Pyruvic acid is found naturally in the body, helps convert sugar and starches into energy, and has been shown to boost metabolism. However, to actually help burn thigh fat, you need more pyruvic acid than the body can provide. A calcium pyruvate supplement combines pyruvic acid and calcium to aid weight loss by working to minimize fat storage in areas like your thighs. Take 1000mg of calcium pyruvate before each meal for 1 week.

Animal fat has a high-saturated fat content that can get stored in your thighs. Don’t eat meat for 1 week. Instead, choose protein from plant sources: veggie burgers, soy hot dogs and tofu bacon.

I am sorry but most of what comes out of Dr Oz is total crapola. Also, it is not advised to take Calcium Pyruvate in high doses without consulting a doctor as it has a bunch of potentially bad side effects.

Also, while I am a vegetarian and would love for folks to stop eating meat - I am not aware of studies showing saturated fat specifically getting stored in your thighs.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but most of what comes out of Dr Oz is total crapola. Also, it is not advised to take Calcium Pyruvate in high doses without consulting a doctor as it has a bunch of potentially bad side effects.

He's not much better than the Sham-WoW guy... just out to sell products for someone else.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

He's not much better than the Sham-WoW guy... just out to sell products for someone else.

In a way he is worse, at least Sham-Wows cannot be bad for you and are probably cheaper!!:happy:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Can't "slim down" just one particular body part. Sorry to disappoint.

inb4 people tell you about their workout DVDs.
    This. You can't spot reduce using any particular exercise. You lose it everywhere. Eventually it will come off where you want it to.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, pilates also helps, bike riding helps. I have also heard that pole dancing helps, but I havent tried it.....
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Jump squats, lunges and general weight loss has helped me, but even when I weighed 62kg (135ish lbs) at 175cm my thighs still touched :ohwell: Ah well, it isn't such a problem since I started running in tights, but you'll never catch me walking a long way in wet swimming togs as the chafing is miserable!
  • KacieK1
    KacieK1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I found that Callanetics Legs (part of the 10 in 10 DVD) really slimmed my legs. I hated that effect because I like my thick thighs, but it's something you may like to try. You should be able to find a free segment on youtube.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully I can find something that will work for me. Summer is pretty much here and not ready to walk around in my bathing suit on the beach, so I have it this year or I will have to wait next year. Or just don't show my legs period lol.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Definitely have to setup a good calorie deficit for you to lose bodyfat and work towards body re-composition. Some exercises that will help strengthen the muscles in that region of your leg, Back Squats, Sumo Deadlifts, Sumo Romanian Deadlifts, and Walking Lunges are my favorite recommendations for that. From a cardio standpoint it would be helpful to include stairmaster and hill climber work.
  • Melzicious
    Options
    Diet to lose fat, squats, lunges, deadlift to gain muscle.