No Success again...

Options
No weight loss again, increased calories slightly, had one small treat that hardly made me go over yesterday, drank piles more water... out of ideas now! Lost 2 lbs in the whole of April, how disappointing! :'(

Replies

• swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i havent lost even 1 pound in april :( it sucks
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any inches? I haven't lost anything since March 9th. =( However, I have lost at least 5 1/2 inches since then. It's the only reason I keep going, otherwise I probably would have given up by now. I just keep on going, eventually the weight has to drop! (I hope)
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    cut your exercise back for a week or so , worked for me after 6 weeks of weighing the same.
    Now I exercise less and eat a bit less, the scales are moving on down.
    There is some scientific explanation about glyicerodes or something but whatever it worked for me. Good luck
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    cut your exercise back for a week or so , worked for me after 6 weeks of weighing the same.
    Now I exercise less and eat a bit less, the scales are moving on down.
    There is some scientific explanation about glyicerodes or something but whatever it worked for me. Good luck

I did cut back my exercise this week, I usually box every day but I didn't do it once, just went for walks etc instead. No inches lost either, bloods all clear at the doctors... I'm going to try and keep going for another week...

:cry:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Open up that thar diary, ma'am.
  • doorknobs3
    doorknobs3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    do not lose hope...As log as you are working a program and are faithful it will come off ...it partially depends on how much you have to lose... if you only have a small amount it goes much slower. If you have a very rigorous exercise program like the program the biggest loser, the weight also a bit slower due to developing better muscle tone. then there is the infamous water weight, and weighing consistently around the same time.
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Open up that thar diary, ma'am.

Sure...
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    do not lose hope...As log as you are working a program and are faithful it will come off ...it partially depends on how much you have to lose... if you only have a small amount it goes much slower. If you have a very rigorous exercise program like the program the biggest loser, the weight also a bit slower due to developing better muscle tone. then there is the infamous water weight, and weighing consistently around the same time.

I still have a lot to lose, another 37lbs... I weigh in at the same time, on the same day, in the same place, in the same clothes, every week. I suppose it's another week of plodding onwards and hoping the scales move a little next week...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OK - this may sound really counter-intuitive, but you look like you are not eating enough. Your base calories are set really low and you are not eating your exercise calories back. What do you have your weight loss goal set (per week) at and what is your activity level set at?
  • 1kerriberri
    Options
    are you honestly tracking EVERYTHING you are eating and drinking????? :flowerforyou:
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    OK - this may sound really counter-intuitive, but you look like you are not eating enough. Your base calories are set really low and you are not eating your exercise calories back. What do you have your weight loss goal set (per week) at and what is your activity level set at?

My weight loss goal is set at 1 and a half pounds a week and i'm set at sedentary...
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    are you honestly tracking EVERYTHING you are eating and drinking????? :flowerforyou:

Absolutely everything that passess my lips... what's the point in cheating yourself????
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    What's your weight?

YOU CUT BACK EXERCISE AND INCREASE CALORIES THE SAME WEEK?!?!?

My calorie increase was only 150 extra calories a week, I still did lots of walking and attended 3 karate sessions. I just didn't do my daily boxing sessions on top. I only have 1350 calories a day, my metabolism is very slow and i'm stuck at 94.3 kg...

:noway:
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try eating more veges....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    What's your weight?

Pu - stop shouting at the poor lady :tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    What's your weight?

My calorie increase was only 150 extra calories a week, I still did lots of walking and attended 3 karate sessions. I just didn't do my daily boxing sessions on top. I only have 1350 calories a day, my metabolism is very slow and i'm stuck at 94.3 kg...

:noway:

You're not eating enough, at MINIMUM you should eat bodyweigh(pounds)t * 10. Which for you is 2070 calories.

Second, Look at weight loss in 3 week intervals not weekly. To many things, water weight, sodium intake, too many carbs one day, bathroom stuff.

Shoot for 3-4.5lbs every 3 weeks. A women's cycle is also a factor that can mask your results, you can do everything right, but it won't show. Before a woman's cycle she gains water weight some up to 7 days before, they're on their cycle 5 days, then 7 days later the weight comes up. That's 19 days of water weight. Weigh in once a month.

Focus on that those goals(weight goals) if you hit them than good. If you don't, up your calories or decrease them so you hit that goal by 10% up or down.

Just one point to make - if you use the above calculations, I would check out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience?
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    What's your weight?

Pu - stop shouting at the poor lady :tongue:

I've not shouted at anyone :cry:
  • markyb1977
    markyb1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Martial arts is a great work out, but it will trim you up, are you finding your clothes looser fitting, and boxing too, its good for working up a sweat, so while you may not be losing weight, you will be feeling better, and looking better.

Muscle is more dense than fat, so while you may weigh the same, your muscle takes up less space, so you may weigh the same but your clothes will fit a lot better, did you measure yourself? Waist, Hips, legs Neck arms, etc. This is a much better indicator.

If you on a diet alone... then weighing yourself is the best form of measurement, but the exercises your doing will trim you up and not just lose weight.

You doing everything ok, your just not measuring it as accurately as you could be, invest in a tape measure, and get measuring. Take a picture of yourself, and if you look better now that you did then, then its a major success... ??

Keep going anyway, your doing the right thing! :-)
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Absolutely everything that passess my lips... what's the point in cheating yourself????

milk and sugar in coffee??
    butter on bread?
    honestly am not picking fault but looking at your diary you don't seem to use these things, and if u don't eat them don't count them of course! but i know when i track a sandwich i usually for get the extra bits or i eat more cereal than i realise for example, now i weigh my jacket potatoes and chicken breast ect

try having a salad with your soup or chopped raw veggies with your sandwiches, bulk up your meals,

good luck! x
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    Martial arts is a great work out, but it will trim you up, are you finding your clothes looser fitting, and boxing too, its good for working up a sweat, so while you may not be losing weight, you will be feeling better, and looking better.

Muscle is more dense than fat, so while you may weigh the same, your muscle takes up less space, so you may weigh the same but your clothes will fit a lot better, did you measure yourself? Waist, Hips, legs Neck arms, etc. This is a much better indicator.

If you on a diet alone... then weighing yourself is the best form of measurement, but the exercises your doing will trim you up and not just lose weight.

You doing everything ok, your just not measuring it as accurately as you could be, invest in a tape measure, and get measuring. Take a picture of yourself, and if you look better now that you did then, then its a major success... ??

Keep going anyway, your doing the right thing! :-)

Thank you! :smile: