yoga?

Options
2»

Replies

• bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown. Most of her videos are like $10

i didn't know JM had a yoga DVD... would it be suitable for someone who has no idea what they are doing? lol
  • bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    thanks for all ur suggestions guys!
  • donnakparra
    Options
    I liked Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners. He has a 40 min pose instruction then 2 actual workouts. He goes slow and talks you through the poses. I like JM Yoga Meltdown but it's pretty fast paced. I also really like Denise Austin Power Yoga Plus. It's also a bit faster but she's not as fas as Jillian. You can look on Ebay for them. I bought a lot of mine for like $4-7 apiece.
  • DebinAZ
    DebinAZ Posts: 30
    Options
    LOVE yoga. There are tons of free yoga videos at Namaste Yoga online here - http://blip.tv/namasteyoga.
  • Fairieluv77
    Options
    Rodney Yee is wonderful his Daily Yoga DVD is great. There's a workout for each day of the week. Day one is all about form and he walks you through all the moves. The other days are different types of yoga so you can get an idea of which type you like best.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i took my first yoga class friday. Never thought i would like it, but after working out all week, it felt good (and yes it was a little hard for me) The class was at my Y, and for members its free, and non members its like $2. the class was 45 mins and i only burned 145 cals per my HRM. good luck!!
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Tara Stiles has great videos (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRsC1YdXqOc ). I also have one of her books and iPhone app.

In some studios you can find free classes and/or free beginner classes so you can get a feel for what yoga is about. I recommend taking a few classes so that you can make sure you're doing the basic poses correctly. There are tons of great blogs, books, videos that are free on the internet if you're looking for more information. The great think about yoga is that once you know the poses you can do it anywhere and without instruction so you have no need for videos, etc.