Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard

Options
13»

Replies

• nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein is THE BEST protein! Love it!! kinda pricey but really worth the money.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You might want to look around as far as finding it cheaper.
    I love mine. Got the natural chocolate.

Edit: I think I bought mine at GNC or something when it was on sale.
    ~50 seems a normal price?

Unfortunately Optimum raised their prices. Its around 50 everywhere.

Great stuff IMO
  • allybeee
    allybeee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i use the ON shakes, i have had vanilla - bit bland ok to add for stuff like pancakes. rocky road - not bad not too cocoa powder tasting, cookies & cream - sweet can get sickly , nice with milk. CHoc mint - bought not tried yet. Strawberry -ok banana cream - bought not tried yet

I also like syntrax nectar range - 0 carbs 0 fat 23g protein - only good a s a top up of protein not as a meal replacement, not at all filling. fuzzy navel in water = diluted oj taste. :)
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have the vanilla ice cream flavor. I paid $19 for 1.5 lbs at Hy-Vee, but I don't really care for the vanilla flavor.
  • Edymariel
    Options
    I use the Extreme Milk Chocolate with fat free milk and i love it!!!
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Last month, I started to surf on internet in order to find the BEST whey protein powder, and I ended up choosing the Optimum one. It is more exensive (a little) than some others, but it has very low carbs, as I read the taste is good, and it has 24g of protein per scoop.

I chose the double chocolate and it's not bad at all. Try with skimmed milk and frozen raspberries, it's simple and yet delicious!
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love the ON range.

Liked the vanilla ice cream as can use with anything great with skimmed milk a bit less flavour with water. Got the chocolate recently and think this is lovely, even with water.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I have cookies and cream whey and it doesn't taste that great. It's ok. I also have the creamy vanilla casein, which I like.
  • keegannati
    keegannati Posts: 114
    Options
    ON is my favorite protein powder. I like to mix Extreme Milk Chocolate and Banana Cream together...delicious.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about getting this stuff. Thanks for the posts.
  • NekaLee
    NekaLee Posts: 51
    Options
    I use Jay Robb's Whey. It's 110cal/scoop. I like the vanilla one because it taste great with everything (almond milk w/ peanut butter or dole's juice with fresh fruit). It doesn't have an after taste either.
  • cp37
    cp37 Posts: 36
    Options
    what flavors does everyone like? they have 18 different ones.

If you like bananas, the banana creme is most amazing. Mixed with PB2 and light vanilla soy milk it is like a treat!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I love it! I drink the Vanila and Vanilla Creme w/ skim or almond milk. I am not a chocolate fan, but I have heard a lot of people like that flavor too.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Strawberry! Two scoops is my post-workout drink.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've been considering buying some too...thanks for the post
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    I use this whey protein everyday (french vanilla). It mixes well and with 24g of protein, 130 calories per scoop, 4g of carbs and only 2g of fat you can't go wrong. Good luck with your search.
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried that one. I use Pacific Purity whey protein isolate. 10 pounds for 60 bucks - unflavored. I mix it in everything!
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    i think when i decide to get one it will be one of the chocolate ones to get my chocolate fix or even the strawberry as i love strawberry ice cream :)
  • allybeee
    allybeee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    the choc-mint tastes a bit powdery just tried it. the banana cream isnt as nice as i thought it would be, so far for me its rocky road or strawberry. It could be just a case of getting the right amount of milk.