How often do you weigh in?

Options
So i've come to the nasty habit of weighing myself EVERY morning when I wake up. :indifferent: This isn't a good thing when you make a bad choice the day before (i.e yesterday - pizza! :embarassed: ) So today when I stepped on I had gained a little over a pound back. How often do you weigh yourself? How often SHOULD you weigh in?

Replies

• kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Meh, every three days or so.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single morning and record it once a week. It helps keep me accountable.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Daily. Sometimes twice a day, but for a specific purpose. Some days I calculate sweat loss after a run if it's particularly hot or difficult to make sure I'm hydrating properly.
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every morning just for my own interest, but I only record it once a week as that is so much more likely to show your actual progress rather than your water fluctuations
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I would say once a week, same time of day & as close to the same circumstances as possible. I can totally relate to getting obsessive and wanting to weigh every day, but weighing weekly will help you actually see a progression. I would keep the scale out of sight and just bring it out that one day a week.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Throughout the week, but my "official" weigh in day is Monday mornings
  • sdubya04
    sdubya04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a freak about the numbers. I weigh myself almost 4-5 a day. What? Is that bad? lol
  • alfiona22
    Options
    I try to weight only one friday's, but sometimes I just can't help myself.:heart:
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Usually on Mondays and Thursdays but sometimes I skip if I don't feel like using the scale.
  • JBankey
    JBankey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i officially weigh myself for recordimg on Sunday morning. I sometimes weigh myself on a Thursday or Friday ot see how I am doing for that week.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Several times a day, but I only record it on Wednesday mornings.
  • Anggitner
    Anggitner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    almost every day, but only Saturday mornings gets recorded.
  • Pururin
    Pururin Posts: 16
    Options
    Once every day or two out of curiosity. I just bought my scale so I'm still getting used to it and trying to figure out all of it's features. I don't record my weight until Sunday though.
  • pgrant0328
    pgrant0328 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day around the same time, and log it into MFP daily no matter if it is a loss or gain. It keeps me focused...if I don't the pounds creep up and I become afraid to find out how much I've gained.
  • boldaslove67
    boldaslove67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll probably continue to weigh in everyday, but record it once a week as most say! :)
  • tprice916
    tprice916 Posts: 22
    Options
    I try and 'check-in' every 2-3 days, but I end up weighing myself every morning out of habit.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i like to weigh myself every morning... i just dont take it too seriously if it goes up a little here and there after a binge / bad eating choice. if i go too long, like a week or more, without weighing myself, i get so upset when it goes up, it feels like its more real or something. i like to keep myself accountable :)
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Every single day. I do it as soon as I get up, but after I use the bathroom. I tried not weighing so much, but then I realized that I was never weighing in so I was less accountable as to what I eat... It works for me to weigh in every day, but I know it's not for everyone...
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would say once a week, same time of day & as close to the same circumstances as possible. I can totally relate to getting obsessive and wanting to weigh every day, but weighing weekly will help you actually see a progression. I would keep the scale out of sight and just bring it out that one day a week.

I agree
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single morning and record it once a week. It helps keep me accountable.

THIS !