I've planned out my whole day and my cal intake is...

Options
xPOOKiEx
xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
696....it tells me I have 504 left. And that's BEFORE I exercise...haven't logged that.

I don't wanna lose weight too quickly but when I look at what I have, it feels like enough.

What do you add when you notice you need more cals?

Maybe an apple and peanut butter?

Let me know your yummy snacks :)

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Have some peanut butter with peanut butter. It's quite tasty.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Avocado.. :heart:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm eating Cheddar Goldfish :) 37 of them are around 90 calories.
    An apple and peanut butter sounds delicious!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    bump, i'm curious as well. I upped my calories a couple of weeks ago but i'm so used to eating lots at a lower level (1200-1380) that sometimes it's a struggle to eat 1700 in a healthy way.
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt (plain has less sugar) or cottage cheese with fresh fruit, any kind of cheese (babybels are so good!!), a couple scoops of natural peanut butter either just plain or on some whole grain bread, guacamole (make it yourself, alot of the stuff at the store is "guacamole flavored dip" gross), try sauteeing your veggies in olive oil or canola oil, bananas, drink a glass of full fat or even just 2% milk, a handful of almonds .... I am currently in the process of upping my calories to assist in muscle building so sometimes I am having a tough time eating enough calories to even reach my goal of 1640. still too much in "weight loss" mode, if you know what I mean. but these things have been slowly but surely helping!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Eat some nuts! They are low calorie and good for you!
    Choose unsalted to cut down on sodium
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    A glass of chocolate almond milk (the full calorie kind), yogurt, a slice or 2 of peanut butter toast... you need more than what you're eating, though :smile:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary, I eat healthy and shoot for 2200-2500 calories a day.
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    All of those ideas sound YUMMY.

:flowerforyou: Thank you all!

I'm going to have to try some of those.
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I tend to always have a chocolate protein shake every day. Usually though, I just make it with water. On days when I have extra calories, I include a banana and milk. So yummy!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Seeds.....1/4 cup is 180 cals, but lots of nutirients packed in
  • tamarina09
    tamarina09 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    raw veggies with hummus is my fave snack, or pistachios (unless you're worried about sodium intake)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Have something you've been craving for a while, chocolate or sweets maybe :wink:

*gasp* yes i did just say eat something that isn't necessarily good for you. You've got the calories so why the heck not :bigsmile:
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and apples are my go to or just peanut butter!! YUMMY!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. I always hit my goal of 1200, but workout alot almost every day. I plan my meals carefully, make healthier, lower cal choices so that I can eat moe. But I can never eat back my work out calories. I end up netting like 300, and cant make myself eat more. I finally trained myself not to eat when I'm not hungry, and I don't really want to force the issue.
  • ManicMelody
    Options
    Pumpkin seeds, string cheese, sugar free pudding, veggie chips, peanut butter, fruit, veggies... The possibilities are endless!
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    A glass of chocolate almond milk (the full calorie kind), yogurt, a slice or 2 of peanut butter toast... you need more than what you're eating, though :smile:

Omg, I love chocolate milk...but I drink it soy :) I totally have to buy some. I know I need to add more to my diet, I've always felt like it was enough but logging it I realize I'm under eating, and when I run I kill my body cause my cals go even lower :(

Boo.Time to grub up with a protein bar! That'll add 140 cals!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, an apple, wheat thins, dark chocolate dusted almonds, nuts, peanut butter
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options

Omg, I love chocolate milk...but I drink it soy :) I totally have to buy some. I know I need to add more to my diet, I've always felt like it was enough but logging it I realize I'm under eating, and when I run I kill my body cause my cals go even lower :(

Soy chocolate milk isn't too bad, either... I just :heart: almond milk! I know, it's a tough mindset to get out of, when you are starting out! I think back to before I started MFP and realized just how often I underate, then in turn, why I always binged after - because I was so damn hungry!
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options

Soy chocolate milk isn't too bad, either... I just :heart: almond milk! I know, it's a tough mindset to get out of, when you are starting out! I think back to before I started MFP and realized just how often I underate, then in turn, why I always binged after - because I was so damn hungry!

Yeah, I used to go through over eating times too. But now I'm not afraid to just snack on food when I'm home because I know when I log it I won't be over cause I exercise :) I'm learning to not deprive my body of what it needs and wants.