Best Exercises for bums and legs

Options
nbpoli
nbpoli Posts: 13 Member
Hi all,

I'm on a countdown to my summer holiday, and wanted to chat about the best exercises to do to tone up my bum and legs. I always struggle with these areas, and when I'm in the gym I never really know what to do to tone them up! Suggestions please!!! xxx

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, squats, lunges.

In the span of 7 weeks I've seen marked differences in both my backside and my legs and I have these to thank.
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about the Ellyptical! Great for cardio, make sure you bump up that incline so you're working mostly your upper legs. It will definitely tone you up. And as the above lady mentioned, deadlifts, squats, lunges.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

In the span of 7 weeks I've seen marked differences in both my backside and my legs and I have these to thank.
    Yes,yes and yes. Learn the deadlift form well though. Deadlifts will give you great legs (hamstrings), squats both legs and *kitten* and lunges will mostly work your *kitten* (in my experience) Do all those in your leg routine.
  • vyolette
    vyolette Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • nbpoli
    nbpoli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Excellent I will give these a try. I have started doing some squats and lunges but will add in the dead lifts too. Hopefully there will be an improvement!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Squats, dead lifts and lunges are all excellent.

I will also add stepping of any kind. You can use the stair climber or take a step class. I find that even with strength training, stepping really helps in the bum lifting area.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Yes,yes and yes. Learn the deadlift form well though. Deadlifts will give you great legs (hamstrings), squats both legs and *kitten* and lunges will mostly work your *kitten* (in my experience) Do all those in your leg routine.

Yup!!! I have done these regularly for a few years
    Look through my profile for results :D