What is your flaw as a friend????

Options
countrydarling1
countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
After talking with my bestest friend today. I have this pattern of talking to someone or seeing someone everyday & then i just fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks. Im usually gathering my thought. keeping myself company. basically me alone time,being a loner for a few weeks. This is a bad habit & is a major friend flaw on my part. Question to my MFP friends: What would be Your flaw as a friend??

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My flaw is sometimes I am jealous of my friends. Then I realize I should be happy for them and not sad for myself that I don't have what they have.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Too Judgemental of others I don't know or like! I have anger issues.. :frown:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I AVOID PHONE CALLS AND ISOLATE WHEN I'M IN A "MOOD" THIS CAN LAST FOR A WEEK OR TWO AND I DON'T CALL PEOPLE BACK. MY FRIENDS UNDERSTAND IT LUCKILY AND WE ALWAYS PICK UP RIGHT WHERE WE LEFT OFF :)
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what to call my flaw. I have one girlfriend who I love dearly and she and her 2 sons come over all the time because they are my sons friends. Anyways they are here almost every day afterschool. Sometimes I just pray they dont come over. I dont know what that is, but I feel bad. I just need my own space sometimes,.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm high maintenance. I need active friends, time on the phone, time spent together, texting, etc... It sounds horrible, I know, lol.

There are a few friends who I can go months without talking to...but on a general basis, i feel like I'm a really good friend and would go to any lengths for my friends, and I want friends who are as committed as me. :)

You seem like a lovely person, OP, but it wouldn't work out with us for sure, lol.
  • MissLucyDee
    MissLucyDee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can be flakey.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I don't really hang out with any of them anymore! lol...Since I had my son I'm not a party animal anymore and so I just kind of fell out of touch with my old friends. A couple of them have kids too, but they still party hard ALL THE TIME and just drop their kids off wherever and I just don't really agree with that. I wish I had friends that liked to have BBQs and drink a few beers instead of just balls to the wall frat-house style parties and hitting the bars 3 nights a week getting plastered out of their minds. *sigh*
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I will tell you the truth good or bad.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I don't text.
  • countrydarling1
    Options
    I AVOID PHONE CALLS AND ISOLATE WHEN I'M IN A "MOOD" THIS CAN LAST FOR A WEEK OR TWO AND I DON'T CALL PEOPLE BACK. MY FRIENDS UNDERSTAND IT LUCKILY AND WE ALWAYS PICK UP RIGHT WHERE WE LEFT OFF :)

This is exactly what i do. i just hope they understand. Sometimes i dont realize im doing it, until i realize im missing them or one person that i talk to everyday.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Over protective. I don't have a lot of "friends" just a hand full and I feel like I have to watch over them all the time. SMH. This comes from being the oldest child and having to watch my little sister and brother a lot.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I'm flawless. No seriously.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am brutally honest - even if it will hurt your feelings. Don't ask my opinion if you don't want to know what I think.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Rape. It always ends in rape.
  • countrydarling1
    Options
    I will tell you the truth good or bad.

I dont count that as a flaw with my friends. That is a great friend characteristic in my opinion. I need the truth, bad or good. I may not like it & get pissy, but later will say " you know they were right"
  • countrydarling1
    Options
    I don't really hang out with any of them anymore! lol...Since I had my son I'm not a party animal anymore and so I just kind of fell out of touch with my old friends. A couple of them have kids too, but they still party hard ALL THE TIME and just drop their kids off wherever and I just don't really agree with that. I wish I had friends that liked to have BBQs and drink a few beers instead of just balls to the wall frat-house style parties and hitting the bars 3 nights a week getting plastered out of their minds. *sigh*

I lost alot of friends bc i was ready to growup & they werent. Ive reconnected with a few & in 8 yrs they have grown up with great jobs. I have this same problem. IM a parent now & dont care to much for the drinking partying infront of my kids. I do however get tossed once a year when i go home to Texas & see one of my bestest friends, while my parents watch my children. that one night is enough & i feel refreshed.
  • countrydarling1
    Options

Cant rape the willing.....you may need help for that. lol!
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am brutally honest - even if it will hurt your feelings. Don't ask my opinion if you don't want to know what I think.
    I'm a bit that way myself. It can alienate people for sure!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Can we be friends?
  • countrydarling1
    Options
    Over protective. I don't have a lot of "friends" just a hand full and I feel like I have to watch over them all the time. SMH. This comes from being the oldest child and having to watch my little sister and brother a lot.

I can be over protective too.