What is your flaw as a friend????

Options

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I'm a military brat and I tend to just fall of the face of the earth for a while. While I think I can just start over right where we left off, other friends without my background have trouble with it.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I have a few. Brutally honest! Too controlling! Too open! i guess that will do for now!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm perfect!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Rape. It always ends in rape.

Can we be friends?

Sure, I've been dying to try out these new handcuffs
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    After talking with my bestest friend today. I have this pattern of talking to someone or seeing someone everyday & then i just fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks. Im usually gathering my thought. keeping myself company. basically me alone time,being a loner for a few weeks. This is a bad habit & is a major friend flaw on my part. Question to my MFP friends: What would be Your flaw as a friend??

How is having the balance to give yourself alone time when you need it... a flaw?
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I really bad at answering my phone.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    After talking with my bestest friend today. I have this pattern of talking to someone or seeing someone everyday & then i just fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks. Im usually gathering my thought. keeping myself company. basically me alone time,being a loner for a few weeks. This is a bad habit & is a major friend flaw on my part. Question to my MFP friends: What would be Your flaw as a friend??

How is having the balance to give yourself alone time when you need it... a flaw?

I guess not saying "hey, im gonna fall off the face of the earth for a while, so if you dont hear from me, im just finding me for a while" I tend to talk to someone everyday for months thru text or spending time with a friend or friends & then just dropping off the face of the earth. As a friend, when i see or hear from someone everyday or often & then i dont hear form them. i worry about them. I think my friends know me well enough to know thats a cycle with me, but i still feel bad for doing it sometime.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    People tend to come and go in my life, so if I don't hear from someone for a while I figure ah well probably gone \m/
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am always buying the Hookers and blow...
  • considermac
    Options
    I am not the best at returning phone calls and texts.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just hole up for a few days/weeks away from them. Family is fine just not anyone else lol.
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have very straight forward views on many subjects especially if I find out that my friends are being *kitten*. So if they sleep around they know I will not hold back when I show them I care about their well being :P
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options

But to be fair Jodi, you do always share!
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I guess I'm the same way. I just get busy with school and spend more time with my boyfriend by default, and it's sometimes more work to try to get together with friends than to sit at home and watch tv lol
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I suppose my flaw is not knowing my flaw!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

But to be fair Jodi, you do always share!
    And she has the best selection of hookers to go along with the best selection of blow \m/
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm used to somebody I might become a nuisance.. or at least I might feel that way. I'm a bit quiet too, but if I really care for that friend I'll probably speak whatever's on my mind.
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Please no one say "I'm too giving." is their flaw. :grumble: Get a backbone or quit whining :P

I'd suppose my biggest flaw is not trusting my friends. It's hard to be a good friend when you're always second-guessing their motives!
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I don't stay in touch. I'm just not a phone person :(
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Rape. It always ends in rape.

I assume this is a joke and I don't want to sound like an *sshole, but, as a father of 3 girls, I have to say I find this offensive.