Volume question....

Options

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    My BFF just gave me a new gallon sized water jug today, and before I use it, can anyone tell me how I can possibly figure out how much (in volume) it will hold?

Can I pee in it?
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    About 4 quarts, but if you press the water down in it you might be able to get 8 pints.

That's if you fill it with water. If you put juice or Gatorade in, you'll get 16 cups, more or less.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am still thinking about the fact that a man used the phrase "BFF".

Sarcasm has no boundries!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My BFF just gave me a new gallon sized water jug today, and before I use it, can anyone tell me how I can possibly figure out how much (in volume) it will hold?

Can I pee in it?

better fill that f*cker up.
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

Can I pee in it?

Idano, can you?
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    About 8lbs of water. But I thought this was about a different subject, mine has increased alot since starting to workout and wondering if others had similar results???:bigsmile:
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Buy 12 cans of beer, pint size if they have them. Empty enough beer into the water tank to fill it, and drink any partially empty cans to round up. Count the empty cans, then write that figure down for future reference (this is your magic number).

Empty the content of the water tank down your throat and then finish off the remaining cans so you can be eco friendly and recycle them. Pass out in front of the television and annoy your family with snores and gas emissions.

When you're sober again you can either use the number you wrote down if it was pint cans, or do the maths if it wasn't. If you can no longer find the piece of paper you wrote your result down on, repeat the experiment.

Easy :drinker:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    More importantly, how much does your purse weight?
  • CountryBoy65
    Options
    More importantly, how much does your purse weight?

Its a European Shoulder Bag, you redneck! They are very popular in Kansas and Iowa right now.....
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    My jugs have weighed the same for about 25 years now...8 pounds? Sounds about right...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Volume question...

If its too loud, you're too old!
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My jugs have weighed the same for about 25 years now...8 pounds? Sounds about right...
    Why did I only start to get thirsty after reading your post when the entire thread has been about so much water??
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    FlyeredUp u r too funny !
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    6.5 cups.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

very small rocks

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

My guess would be eight gallons but I could be wrong.
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

very small rocks

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?

Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, King of the Britons!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing about 8.3 pounds of water. You could fill it, put it on your scale and see.
  • CountryBoy65
    Options

My guess would be eight gallons but I could be wrong.

thats what I thought, but I can only get 3.75 gallons in the dammed thing.... I think its defective.
  • CountryBoy65
    Options
    I'm guessing about 8.3 pounds of water. You could fill it, put it on your scale and see.

But what if I put it on the scales and find that it weighs the same as a duck. Then what do I do with it?