RHONJ - Lauren's Diet

Options
MoreBean13
MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
Anyone see Real Housewives of New Jersey last night? What is Lauren's new diet? Was that a jar of egg whites? If I understood correctly, the nutritionist put her on a diet of egg whites and berries? Hmmm...

Secondly- what did you think about her mom going to the nutritionist with her? On one hand I guess it helps keep her honest, not to mention it's good for the TV cameras, but on the other hand I would have killed my mom if she did that to me!

Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    the reason she is fat is because her parents treat her like a baby. The whole "nothing has ever worked for me" I would bet she has stayed on a plan more than 4 days ever.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    the reason she is fat is because her parents treat her like a baby. The whole "nothing has ever worked for me" I would bet she has stayed on a plan more than 4 days ever.

I agree completely- and they also use genetics as an excuse- I know there's a genetic component to getting/staying overweight, but you will never lose a single ounce if you refuse to try because of genetics. Also, she and her mom acted sad that she doesn't have a thyroid problem. What?!?! As someone who will be taking synthroid every day for the rest of my life, it really pissed me off that someone would ever hope for a thyroid problem!!
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    thats because they wanted an excuse to hide their lack of willpower. This girl is an adult and she will always be a baby and fat.

Just like the other daughter on there. How freaking immature is that chick.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Heh. You guys watch that ****?
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i actually have to rewatch that, I think its Dr perricone?
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options

I agree completely- and they also use genetics as an excuse- I know there's a genetic component to getting/staying overweight, but you will never lose a single ounce if you refuse to try because of genetics. Also, she and her mom acted sad that she doesn't have a thyroid problem. What?!?! As someone who will be taking synthroid every day for the rest of my life, it really pissed me off that someone would ever hope for a thyroid problem!!

My aunt was also disappointed to find out that she didn't have a thyroid problem. The reason it is disappointing is because many people want for there to be a medical reason for why they are overweight.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options

I dont watch this show and that is why. I also take synthroid everyday due to cancer and I would not wish it on anyone. It sounds to me like she is lazy and just looking for any excuse to take the blame off of herself. Genetics can be overcome. My stepdaughter has HUGE people on both sides of her family and she eats healthy and goes to the gym with me at least 3 times a week to make sure she does not have a weight issue.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Anyone see Real Housewives of New Jersey last night? What is Lauren's new diet? Was that a jar of egg whites? If I understood correctly, the nutritionist put her on a diet of egg whites and berries? Hmmm...

Secondly- what did you think about her mom going to the nutritionist with her? On one hand I guess it helps keep her honest, not to mention it's good for the TV cameras, but on the other hand I would have killed my mom if she did that to me!

The liquid looked yellow. I missed what he said it was. But yeah, that liquid and berries, and they both said "thats a lot of food" lol...smh
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    Heh. You guys watch that ****?

Everyone has their vices. :laugh:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    thats because they wanted an excuse to hide their lack of willpower. This girl is an adult and she will always be a baby and fat.

I just love that you're unabashedly discussing the drama of The Real Housewives. That's all.

:drinker:
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    I don't know what that yellow stuff was in the jar at Dr. Perricone's office, but I hazard to guess Lauren does not lose the weight. She seems spoiled and lazy and unmotivated. First night on her diet she is already saying "well if this doesn't work then pass the meatballs!". Whatever. Perhaps she should consider exercising a little instead of knocking back the red wine, too! (Yes, I am a shameless fan of the real housewives! Never missed an episode. This is my "crack") LOL
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I don't know what that yellow stuff was in the jar at Dr. Perricone's office, but I hazard to guess Lauren does not lose the weight. She seems spoiled and lazy and unmotivated. First night on her diet she is already saying "well if this doesn't work then pass the meatballs!". Whatever. Perhaps she should consider exercising a little instead of knocking back the red wine, too! (Yes, I am a shameless fan of the real housewives! Never missed an episode. This is my "crack") LOL

Haha I took note of the comment and the wine, too. I guess its the eggwhite, berry, red wine diet. Soon to be the egg white, berry, red wine, meatball, sausage, cheese and lasagna diet.
  • meldaniel
    Options

Haha I took note of the comment and the wine, too. I guess its the eggwhite, berry, red wine diet. Soon to be the egg white, berry, red wine, meatball, sausage, cheese and lasagna diet.

Haha!!! No kidding! Good luck with that, right??? ;)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I think she just wants a quick fix. Didn't she say she quit her business the day after it opened?
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I think she just wants a quick fix. Didn't she say she quit her business the day after it opened?
    Good point! She's not into dedication...
  • meldaniel
    Options
    Good point! She's not into dedication...
    Yep...I don't remember if it was the first day but she said she walked out. And there sat her mom nodding and interrupting her with excuses for her...about everything! No wonder Lauren is a wreck. It will be hard for her to ever be independent, or happy.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    This may be more mean than anything else, but I think she's delusional if she thinks 30 lbs loss will get her in to a size 4!
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    i actually have to rewatch that, I think its Dr perricone?

It's absolutely Dr. Perricone -- not sure if they said it but I recognized him instantly from his books :)

I'm guessing it's all edited oddly and he was probably just giving her the plan he recommends in his weight loss book, which is your typical low-glycemic, moderate fat kinda deal which yes, involves lots of egg whites and berries... But no idea why he would give her egg whites in a jar like that. Hah.

But that whole family creeps me out with how enmeshed the adult children still are.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    this is off topic but what is up with Ashley?
  • iam_thatdude
    Options

I just love that you're unabashedly discussing the drama of The Real Housewives. That's all.

:drinker:

No shame for me, plus I grew up with these type of ppl.I used to pat the midget guidos ontheir heads and send them on theor way..alsoimnot anti Italian..my wife n kids r italian