Nutrisystem

Options
Has anyone tried this?? If so, please tell me about your experience. I have become an expert on maintain, however I just can't seem to get these last 15-20 lbs off..... I would like to try nutrisystem for a month and see if that will do it... How much weight did you lose? How long did it take? Is it worth the expensive price??

TIA!!!

Replies

• SachaMichel
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I heard the food was pretty bad >.>

There's a blogger who's writing on her experience while on that plan, you might find it helpful:
    http://anothereffingdiet.blogspot.com/
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I tried Nutrisystem about 3 years ago.
    1st I will say, yes I lost weight. BUT, all the program is is a low cal diet with lots and lots of exercise. It's nothing you can't do on your own a lot more conveniently and cheaply (I lost a lot more weight the year before I tried Nutrisystem with just a reduced calorie diet & plenty of exercise).

I personally would NOT recommend it -- it's an amazing waste of money because not only do you have to buy the Nutrisystem food, but you have to go buy tons of dairy and fresh fruits and veggies. My grocery bill for the 1 month I tried it ended up being about $500!! For 1 person!

I ordered once and did not order again. I had ordered the automatic shipments to get the discount and as I recall, I was pretty turned off by how inconvenient/difficult they made it for me to cancel before my next shipment/billing. A lot of the food I had wanted to order was out of stock, so I had to order alternatives. There was no guarantee the food you liked would be around for your next shipment, either. Some of the food I got wasn't worth eating (I could eat something that actually tasted good that had better nutrition). I felt a little gross eating all of that food with heavy preservatives and sodium -- it was like eating canned food all the time (except for the fresh fruits & veggies I added).
    Some of the food was tasty enough, but some was pretty impossible to eat. And I am *not* a picky eater.

I lost weight, but I quit about 3 weeks into it because I just couldn't eat that food anymore. I never even got back down to the lowest weight I had achieved with "diet" & exercise the year before. I just kind of gave up on the whole "weight loss" thing after that, honestly, and you see where I am now, with 117# to lose (now it's a "getting healthy" thing, though). I've gained 40 pounds since then. :explode:

The exercise required with the program were yoga, weights, and some type of cardio -- nothing you can't do on your own (you get a couple of tiny pamphlets along with your food shipment).

Like I said, I did lose weight -- I'm thinking 12 pounds in 3 weeks? Sounds impressive, but I had at least 80 pounds to lose and I attribute that loss mostly the exercise (60-90 minutes/day).

So, I hate to be a downer, but no I wouldn't recommend it -- save your hundreds of dollars, or spend it on a new exercise machine or something else that's actually worth it.
  • Philde04
    Options
    Thank you sooo much for the advice. I was reading another post on here and found that many people said the food wasn't that great and that it wasn't worth it. I think I'm going to re-evaluate my exercise and eating plan and start fresh with a new diet Monday!! And pass on the nurtisystem for now..... Thank you for sharing your experience .... very helpful!!!
  • Clemens
    Options
    I noticed at Big Lots the other day that they have soe of the nutrisystem dinners, I'd try those to see if you like them first
  • minus10
    minus10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried it and the food was really bad. I made it about 3 weeks. You also have to by all your veggies, fruit and dairy.