Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New, Nursing and Need Friends

doty2
doty2 Posts: 3 Member
I am not new to how the sight works I was on here before I got pregnant. Baby was born in December and I am currently breastfeeding and in need of major help. Im looking for other nursing moms who would like to help me get my life back on track :smile:

Replies

• mamsa
    mamsa Posts: 12 Member
    Mine was born in November and I'm nursing too. I have two older kids (9 & 6) and I'm tired of being so out of shape that I can't properly play with them. I want to be an inspiration not an excuse. I just started on this site though and still feeling my way around. But I can tell it's going to help me. My main problem is that I'm SO tired from nursing at night (I haven't been great at getting him a schedule), that even though I had grand plans, during the day I'm exhausted. I work 9-2 out of the house and do have someone helping me with the baby during that time, but by 2:30, kids are home and crazy evenings begin which make me even more tired. Need to figure out how to get out of this cycle because I definitely don't want to continue to look like this. I've never been athletic. Pear shaped ALWAYS. Oh and finally, I feel like breastfeeding makes me really hungry. We can do this though. I mean, if we can do pregnancy and birthing a baby, we can do this...
  • Kat51313
    Kat51313 Posts: 18
    if it's all right with you, I'd like to add you both to keep me motivated. I'm the 34 year old nursing mother of a seven week old daughter and my son just turned 3 a month ago... yet with my hands this full the weight is definitely not falling off....

I can understand the nursing making you hungrier... a calzone from a restaurant up the street used to last me three meals. Now it's gone in one. Apparently willpower is not a strong point of mine.
  • My son is four months now. I'm breastfeeding so I get being hungry all the time. Almonds and water are my secret weapons.I've found that snacking on almonds throughout the day and drinking a bunch of water really helps fight cravings. I'm down 28 since the week after I delivered. 3 lbs. lower than pre-pregnancy weight (still need to loose about 10-15 lbs though). I'm running a 5k on saturday. It's not been easy, but I've found I'm a much better mom and wife when I make time for myself and I feel great eating clean and exercising. Hope this motivates you gals. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    I have a 3 month old - and 3 older children, as well. I'm nursing, but have had to supplement b/c I couldn't keep up with her demand. I have managed to drop almost 47 pounds since giving birth in January (40 pregnancy weight and almost 7 extra). I still want to lose another 30-35 pounds. Any of you are free to add me, if you like. :)