Any other ladies...

Options
Do any of you ladies eat bad the week before your period? :embarassed: That whole week I find myself fighting really hard to stay away from bad foods and more often then not I lose that batte for one meal or more a day during that week. :grumble: Its really stopping my progression and I was wondering what you guys do to fight the fried/sweet/overload of cravings?

I'm really at the end of my rope with this... :indifferent:

Replies

• sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean... I am the same way. I can't really give you advice b/c I am not so great with it myself. But, I do find that if I am craving chocolate, sometimes if I drink chocolate milk, it will help curb the craving, and is much healthier for me :smile: I know a lot of people (that want chocolate) will say that they will have just one square of chocolate. I find I don't have much control that way. I will start with just one, than one more... then maybe another :grumble: Chocolate is my worst craving during TOM

Good luck!
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I am currently fighting that battle. I haven't found a way to resist the bad stuff yet, but I do try to exercise more to at least make up for it in some small way.

I look forward to seeing what suggestions other people have.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I got a IUD after my last child when he was about 6 weeks old. He's 16 months now and I have only just started having a period again. It was much, much, better than what I experience without it! I didn't even have all the pre-cycle stuff! Matter of fact, I didn't even know it was coming! Just something to think about...

Angie
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I use oatmeal with cinnamon and honey. Instead of potato chips I try to choose potatoes with butter. Whatever you do try to fit it in your calories. Increasing my calcium and vitamin D has helped tremendously with the cravings and the 'crazy'.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I've posted this a few times before on other similar threads. I've read (I think I just ''googled'' eating more during TOM) and I read a couple of articles that said your BMR increases for women during TOM to make up for the extra we eat during TOM. Makes me feel less guilty about popping that 3rd and 4th cookie. :laugh:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I've posted this a few times before on other similar threads. I've read (I think I just ''googled'' eating more during TOM) and I read a couple of articles that said your BMR increases for women during TOM to make up for the extra we eat during TOM. Makes me feel less guilty about popping that 3rd and 4th cookie. :laugh:

I actually think that your body has to work harder during TOM to replace the blood that is lost. I think that is why we tend to crave salt. I try to cut myself a LITTLE slack during that time. Allow myself a handful of salted nuts or something. A square of really dark chocolate. I try to stay away from chips b/c I will eat the whole bag...... :bigsmile:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just had a tuna wrap and cheetos... I feel terrible about eating so many calories but good because I finally feel full.

Here is what I ate today

Breakfast: Bacon egg and cheese on an english muffin - 360 cals

Snack Orange Juice / two cups of red grapes - 267 aprox together

Lunch: Tuna wrap on tomato tortilla -630 cals
    Cheetos - 320 cals

I am at a loss for dinner because I am over my caloric intake for the day and I know tonight I am going to want to eat all in sight.... Any tips for dinner? :grumble:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I EAT it , COUNT it and WORK it even more!! Plus the extra exercise gets rid of some of the b*tchiness! We women are tuff you know!!!!! Hang in there! And remember to drink more water at this time too!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Steam a bunch of fresh vegies and enjoy!!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I got a IUD after my last child when he was about 6 weeks old. He's 16 months now and I have only just started having a period again. It was much, much, better than what I experience without it! I didn't even have all the pre-cycle stuff! Matter of fact, I didn't even know it was coming! Just something to think about...

Angie

Wow, you are the exact same age as me and have a 16 month as well (baby girl, though) as I do...sorry, has nothing to do with the IUD but, thought that was interesting. I have had thoughts of going off of the pill, however and possibly going with the IUD...hmm, something to think about.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Try taking whatever you're craving and STRETCHING it by combining it with something healthier.

Make french toast and drizzle a tiny amount of chocolate syrup on it.. Or have a banana, but chop it up with a little choc. syrup and a dollop of Cool Whip. Next to no calories, super super yummy and hits the sweet craving.

Have a salad with that sweet dressing you usually skip.

Have some cheetos, but have a handful mixed with some pretzels.

Or pick up a (LITTLE) bag of butterscotch disc's to suck on. Or root beer barrels. Those are good too.

Anytime I can hit the craving, and stretch it out like that, helps a LOT. Resisting the craving just makes you binge later.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options

Angie

Wow, you are the exact same age as me and have a 16 month as well (baby girl, though) as I do...sorry, has nothing to do with the IUD but, thought that was interesting. I have had thoughts of going off of the pill, however and possibly going with the IUD...hmm, something to think about.

haha, that is pretty interesting...you really should consider the IUD...talk to your doc about it. I really love it...now I never worry about forgetting the pill or getting pregnant! haha