Had my eyes slapped open now I am on a mission.

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,

I have over 100lbs to lose. I feel your pain, I know where you are coming from but you CAN do this. Feel free to add me as a friend. I started off close to 300lbs and have dropped over 50lbs since January. See, it's possible. A lot of hard work but for someone pursuing advanced education and a single Mom, you are no stranger to hard work!

Wishing you great success.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I have over 100 to lose. I'm down about 30 now from january.
    Keep wanting it.. there is times your resolve will wain..
  • irenedemos
    Options
    Please add me too. We are all here to help you do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You know I've said to soo many people that unless you really want to do it, you aren't going to succeed. Something in you has to make that decision that enough is enough. I've done that myself recently and it does work. You look at things through a new lens and it's amazing.

I'm with you on the marriage that was destructive - I got to my heaviest thanks to that marriage. Now I'm determined to never see those numbers again. It took me 5.5 years after leaving the marriage to make that decision but I'm there now.

Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • justjen33
    Options
    That's the spirit! I like the passion you're coming at this with, just be careful not to flare up and burn out as so many do. Gentle, lifelong changes ftw!

Yes that is my biggest fear is to flare up and burn out. I am trying to take small steps and remind myself everyday it is about changing my life not a temporary diet.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Forge on my friend. It will make you stronger and a great role model for your beautiful children.
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You can do it; the motivation and commitment you're showing right now is the most important part. Use all the features this site has and stay active in the community here and you'll keep at it.
  • Francesca3434
    Options
    Well done- the hardest part is making the choice to make a big change. Feel free to add me if you want some encouragement :)
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    Good for you! Im excited for you to get started on your journey and to hear all about it! I will add you and we can help motivate each other and help each other stay on track!

Cheers,
    Pam
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    congrats to you on many fronts. ending an abusive relationshiip, returning to school, raising two young children on your own and making the commitment to become a healthy role model for them. Feel free to add me for support if you like.
  • educatorjen
    Options
    I have 150 lbs to lose. I'd love it if you added me. It is time for me to make a change.
  • math1182
    math1182 Posts: 15
    Options
    Despite a few hard knocks you are not only still standing, but actually planning where you are headed to next. Add me as a friend, I would love to cheer from the sidelines as you reach your goal. Good Luck.
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Jennifer,
    I know exactly where you're coming from, because that's where I'm at too. It sounds like you're your motivation is great, so just remember, you can do this...but slow and gentle changes are more likely to translate to permanent change.

Feel free to add me :)